Bobcat vs. Baby Big Bore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the past couple of months, we have had a chicken a week stolen by a bobcat or bobcats, and after letting the birds's out this morning, a few minutes later I hear chickens SCREAMING, then I heard my wife holler BOBCAT!

I grabbed my gun and asked her which way it went, and she back towards the deer stand. I make a 150 yards dash or so, and this oversize kitty cat with my chicken in its mouth, is about to go down a creek bank and dissappear.

The cat is walking next to my target board, and from where I stopped at, it is exactly 125 yards, which also happens to be the same distance my rifle is sighted in. So, with maybe 3 seconds before the cat is gone for good, I drop down on one knee, put the crosshairs center mass and touch the trigger. I'll let the picture speak for itself.

And for you guys that haven't seen this gun on another thread, it is a 45 Auto Rim / 45 acp / 45 Super, and needless to say, it shoots all three rounds very well!

20200210_075555-1.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FREAKING AWESOME!
Did the chicken live?
Bob Cats are very tasty i kid you not.
Pull some hide off of it and look at the meat color ..tell me it don't taste like wild turkey when you cook a strip of it in a skillet.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FREAKING AWESOME!
Did the chicken live?
Bob Cats are very tasty i kid you not.
Pull some hide off of it and look at the meat color ..tell me it don't taste like wild turkey when you cook a strip of it in a skillet.

@swampratt I never can remember......do folks normally drink red or white wine with bobcat ? :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is tasty .. my wife and her friends love it. but yea with the guts hanging out it may not look tasty.

Homemade purple wine Hangfire. Or a Coors...... None of that light Coors either.
Fried Okra on the side and BBQ beans a slice of homemade bread and slather it with some real butter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom