Bobo the insult dunk tank clown - OK State Fair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same guy or not, but 20-25 years ago the Bozo clown was realllllly good.

He knew how to push peoples buttons and take their money.

I used to plan a time or two to spend a few hours just watching him.

Some of his schtick:

Hey you with the ugly girlfriend!
Hey your wife is so buck teethed she could eat corn through a chain length fence.
Hey Dude, if you weren't so lucky you wouldn't be reading Penthouse and would be getting laid.
Hey you in the red shirt with the fat girlfriend!

And so on and so forth, he would single people out and get them so mad they'd spend a lot of money throwing balls trying to dunk him.

Some people he never even insulted would get so offended that they'd step up and drop a good chunk of change trying to dunk him.

I mean, he was offensive, for sure, but he sure knew how to get the money in their pockets. And for that only, I had to have some admiration for his skill, even as offensive as it was, it just showed how easily some people could be manipulated.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day the OK State Fair was the best fair in the country. I believed it was even recognized as the biggest & best.

New fair board ruined it in a single year. I used to be at the fair 3-4 nights a week for the month it ran. They got rid of Bobo, dime toss, and a whole bunch of other great fair attractions.

I don’t even go to the fair anymore.Me too, became boring, Indian tacos turned into some beans and lettuce on a underdone frybread.

gunmut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bobo started giving my son some of his great one liners and he wanted a go at putting him in the tank, my son was 7 or 8. Paid our money and got our balls, son tried twice and missed by a lot. Bobo is really on him now but he was having fun. My son gives me his last ball and says "help me Dad", great here is my chance to be his hero and I don't stand a chance. Made my throw and in the tank he goes. That was 35 years ago and one of my best memories. Thanks for the memory Bobo.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never have seen anything bad there yet. I’m sure it happens.
We were there near the karaoke bar when someone got stabbed multiple times. That was the last time we stayed out there until closing. As a bunch of farm kids, throwing some fists is one thing but we werent too interested in getting stabbed or shot at.

Bobo the Clown was the greatest and definitely a milestone in the whitewashing of the fair. We used to grab our food and sit across the alley from him for some entertainment while we ate.

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never been to the state fair. With all the news stuff I see about no firearms and the shooting by those that ignore the no gun zone, don't thing I'll ever go.
We were at the fair this evening and they have metal detectors at the entrance, I don’t remember seeing the metal detectors at the fair last year so it must be new this year.

Even the fair ticket is only at $2 a piece today, the amount of people was significantly less than the previous years, there was plenty of free parking spots when we got there at 6. Inflation must have already been kicked in for some folks. BTW one turkey leg costs $18 if some of you are wondering.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okie, born n bred. I have never had the bobo experience you speak of. I was never a big midway gaming guy, maybe that's why? I learned a long time ago, never play the other man's game. A midway in Tulsa at the state fair is where I learned that expensive lesson.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same guy or not, but 20-25 years ago the Bozo clown was realllllly good.

He knew how to push peoples buttons and take their money.

I used to plan a time or two to spend a few hours just watching him.

Some of his schtick:

Hey you with the ugly girlfriend!
Hey your wife is so buck teethed she could eat corn through a chain length fence.
Hey Dude, if you weren't so lucky you wouldn't be reading Penthouse and would be getting laid.
Hey you in the red shirt with the fat girlfriend!

And so on and so forth, he would single people out and get them so mad they'd spend a lot of money throwing balls trying to dunk him.

Some people he never even insulted would get so offended that they'd step up and drop a good chunk of change trying to dunk him.

I mean, he was offensive, for sure, but he sure knew how to get the money in their pockets. And for that only, I had to have some admiration for his skill, even as offensive as it was, it just showed how easily some people could be manipulated.
And they are still today. listening to the BS thrown at them and reacting to it rather than seeing what is really going on in the background to take money out of their pockets.

He would have made a great Politician for most of the masses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom