BOLT CARRIER GROUPS - FAIL ZERO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with FAIL ZERO BCG’s, I have one that just wont pick up the case or eject it. But it does seem to cycle partially. I think its a gas key issue, looks
like some gas escaping at the bottom of the key (this is after 6 rounds fired)
2E4AF2E0-9F38-4526-B1AB-758B1208B74A.jpeg

It’s also not staked worth a damn in my opinion, its on the bottom in this photo
A44D4417-C7E6-43C5-BAC4-394551E2F9CF.jpeg

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the action shooting sports fail zero is thought of like this..... It "fails" and you get "zero" points. Pretty common to have a leaking gas key on these.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the action shooting sports fail zero is thought of like this..... It "fails" and you get "zero" points. Pretty common to have a leaking gas key on these.
I assume that is why it's called Fail Zero and not Zero Fail. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had a gas key leak on several rifles One of them with thousands of rounds through it, which is my favorite is a Remington R-15 predator that was never staked and has never leaked. I have to assume they used a red loctite?
Bushmaster built the rifles for Remington to be marketed under their name.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
School of the American rifle has several videos where he goes through various mfg bolt carrier groups. It’s interesting stuff and possibly a bit in the weeds for most people. He does talk about how to check carrier key issues and make repairs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom