Bombing after Manchester, UK concert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That won't work anymore. The Muslim world extends into every inhabited continent on the planet. Nuke them and you nuke every living thing on Earth.

It wasn't a serious suggestion at all.

Thats how I felt after similar terrorist attacks though. I know it's not desirable or realistic to Nuke the entire middle East.

After all, radiation isn't immobile or containable on that scale.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a raw event. There will be a time to vent and a time to reflect. Each in their time so no worries. As a student of human nature, I automatically think about how the entertainment industry will react now that they've been targeted and what effect it will have on parents sending their kids to concerts?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, well I tried. The whole situation with these radical folks is a quagmire that I do not believe can be solidified with any level of violence. The nature of the region, beliefs, tribal affiliations, shuras and a million other issues must and may eventually be settled through deep, deep understanding of the other and concessions made IOT facilitate the "live and let live" mentality that one would hope eventually evolves. Killing a bad guy makes more bad guys, this is proven in that region. So we must move past that mentality if we wish this to ever end.

David
Trump made a very good comment in his Speech in Saudi Arabia today. I can't quote it, only paraphrase it from memory, but he said that the US is not out to change the way that other foreign country's live.
The liberal press lit up screaming, what about LGBT, Women, and other rights. That's the problem with their agenda. They want to change the way people live and they have not a clue about how that can happen
Did GWB really accomplish anything by trying to put a democracy into Iraq with purple fingers? Not really. He couldn't without crushing the differences in the Islam, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Yazdanism, Shabakism, Judaism, Mandaeism, Bahā'i, Ahl-e Haqq-Yarsanis, Ishikism and numerous other religions all having a presence in the country.
Obama crushed any chance of that happening no matter how remote that chance might have been with his dither from behind policy's.
Those countries in the middle east have lived for centuries under dictatorships and religious factions that are at war with each other since the beginning , and will never change no matter how much we attempt to change the "hearts and minds" mantra of the liberals that has been a failure since the Vietnam war.
It ain't gonna happen. It didn't happen in Vietnam and it ain't gonna happen in the middle east.
Its a failed policy.
If the country's want change it has to happen among the citizens within the confines of their country.
The US has gone through those changes over the years from the war between the states to the riots to achieve racial equality.
In Iran, some of the young ones that have pirated access to the internet want change from the mullah's and are willing to do street protests to get change. Good for them.
People in China tried that in Tienanmen square, but were crushed by the government.
You can't can't change countries unless you completely destroy the country and their government, take it over completely and rebuild the country with occupation by US troops and occupying forces under martial law.
Think Germany and Japan. Our forces are still there.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump made a very good comment in his Speech in Saudi Arabia today. I can't quote it, only paraphrase it from memory, but he said that the US is not out to change the way that other foreign country's live.
The liberal press lit up screaming, what about LGBT, Women, and other rights. That's the problem with their agenda. They want to change the way people live and they have not a clue about how that can happen
Did GWB really accomplish anything by trying to put a democracy into Iraq with purple fingers? Not really. He couldn't without crushing the differences in the Islam, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Yazdanism, Shabakism, Judaism, Mandaeism, Bahā'i, Ahl-e Haqq-Yarsanis, Ishikism and numerous other religions all having a presence in the country.
Obama crushed any chance of that happening no matter how remote that chance might have been with his dither from behind policy's.
Those countries in the middle east have lived for centuries under dictatorships and religious factions that are at war with each other since the beginning , and will never change no matter how much we attempt to change the "hearts and minds" mantra of the liberals that has been a failure since the Vietnam war.
It ain't gonna happen. It didn't happen in Vietnam and it ain't gonna happen in the middle east.
Its a failed policy.
If the country's want change it has to happen among the citizens within the confines of their country.
The US has gone through those changes over the years from the war between the states to the riots to achieve racial equality.
In Iran, some of the young ones that have pirated access to the internet want change from the mullah's and are willing to do street protests to get change. Good for them.
People in China tried that in Tienanmen square, but were crushed by the government.
You can't can't change countries unless you completely destroy the country and their government, take it over completely and rebuild the country with occupation by US troops and occupying forces under martial law.
Think Germany and Japan. Our forces are still there.

Germany and Japan were also homogenous, centralized nation states. the countries we're dealing with in the Middle East, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, are nation states in name only. In reality, they're a bunch of disparate tribes and sects. Some Afghanis don't even understand the concept of Afghanistan and have never even been to the Capitol, Kabul. In fact, some have only heard of the nearest major city as a form of rumour from others who have traveled there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom