Bombs on TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently how noisy firearms in movies/shows has been budding me. Any time someone makes a motion with a firearm or picks up a firearm it practically sounds like there’s a coffee can full of metal parts taped to the end of the thing.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or the defectives that carried the entire show lead the SWAT team in raids without tacticool gear like the guys behind them.

Or when the defectives are effin with the bomb and the bomb squad is behind them snickering and betting which one turns into a pink mist.

Or when the defectives always shoot the guy or arrest the guy and then you hear the sirens in the background.
Or when the stars of the show finally figure everything out in the last 10 minutes of the program, when they're standing inside police HQ in downtown L.A., Houston, Chicago, wherever.
They grab their coats and run for the elevator then you see 'em arrive at the scene way out on the edge of town and shoot the bad guy/save the day long before any other cops arrive on the scene.
They were stuck in traffic probably for two hours. Why didn't they call the cops in that district or precinct to head on over to the suspect's hideout?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently how noisy firearms in movies/shows has been budding me. Any time someone makes a motion with a firearm or picks up a firearm it practically sounds like there’s a coffee can full of metal parts taped to the end of the thing.
And the thing that just torques me is they milk their grip on the handgun readjusting it over and over and over like a cow's teat. Oh the drama.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been watching the ZOO on netflix.
Maybe episode 5 or so there is a fight in a stairwell.
Bad guy lost his gun rolling down the stairs with good guy.
Good Girl comes to the stairs and sees gun on stairs between her and bad guy.
They both go for it at the same time, girl gets to it first and picks it up and points it at bad guy who is a foot from her.

I expect bad guy to get gun and pummel girl with it or for girl to hold bad guy until more good guys show up.

NOPE! Girl does not even seem to get the gun all the way up before she puts some rounds super quick like into bad guy.
She no more than just picked up that pistol got a bit of aim on him and began shooting.

The wife and I were like Heck Yes! That's the way you do it.
If you point it you pull the trigger like now.

There are some stupid lines in the movie that you say to yourself... Really.
When some girl did not know what scat was.
That made my wife say: She is making me mad she should know what that is.
Stupid.

Pretty good show though.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That, and how you hear them cocking the hammer on a striker-fired pistol. Or the ever-popular open cylinder on a revolver clicking as it spins.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A C&P from the old IMDb board for The Stand, which is one of my favorite books by Stephen King. We had morphed to discussing his novel 11.22.63.

A postscript if I might. King still goofs on guns. The gun used in the Derry episode is described as a Colt Police Special. That is barely acceptable, although to the best of my knowledge, Colt never made a revolver with that particular model name. All right; I'll give King a pass on that one. But where he really shows his abysmal ignorance is when he describes the sales clerk 'rolling out the barrel and giving it a spin. clickclickclick' The price on the gun is way too low as well. Military surplus Enfields and Mausers cost more than that in the days when you could get them mail-order. Even surplus Colt and Smith & Wesson revolvers cost a bunch more than that.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about in all the westerns where they pull their lever actions outa the saddle scabbard and have to work the actions?

If I am on the hunt for "bad guys", I'll have one in the chamber, the hammer at half cock, and the tube magazine full!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about in all the westerns where they pull their lever actions outa the saddle scabbard and have to work the actions?

If I am on the hunt for "bad guys", I'll have one in the chamber, the hammer at half cock, and the tube magazine full!
Or dropping cartridges in an 1851 Colt Navy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom