Boo-Boo kits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else carry simple boo-boo kits as a part of their EDC? A few weeks ago, my youngest grandson had a simple cut on his finger while we were out and about. It bled quite a bit, but you woulda thought he cut his entire hand off. Of course, a thimble full of blood looks like a gallon when it's sloshed around.

So anyway, not having anything to basically help him feel better, we stopped at the nearest Walmart and picked up a box of bandages and some neosporin. That prompted me to build a small, simple first aid kit.

Now when I say small and simple, I mean just a few band aids, some triple antibiotic cream, hand sanitizer, Qtips, Wet Ones and a pair of tweezers. I've got it all in a 3x4 Zero Feud pouch.

20221212_153135.jpg

20221212_153522.jpg

Anybody else carry something similar to this? Anything else you can think of that I need, let's hear it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just carry one of those 511 MOAB 10 sling bags in the truck, has everything you would need for just about anything. It gets used regularly, honestly. Also have a little space for my dog's first aid stuff.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I hear SOF veterans talking about it on their podcasts. Jack Carr frequently talks about his medical EDC when he does his Gear Highlights at the end of his podcasts, and Mike Glover talks about it a lot, too (then again, preparedness is what Fieldcraft Survival is all about).

I usually have some basic bandages in my backpack, and I used to have a small first aid kit that I carried, but I’ve gotten out of the habit, unless you want to count a handkerchief, lighter, and pocket knife...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I hear SOF veterans talking about it on their podcasts. Jack Carr frequently talks about his medical EDC when he does his Gear Highlights at the end of his podcasts, and Mike Glover talks about it a lot, too (then again, preparedness is what Fieldcraft Survival is all about).

I usually have some basic bandages in my backpack, and I used to have a small first aid kit that I carried, but I’ve gotten out of the habit, unless you want to count a handkerchief, lighter, and pocket knife...

Yeah, being the minimalist that I am, I don't wanna tote a big ol man purse full of crap, but I figured a little pocket sized pouch with some basic stuff in it (mostly for my boys) isn't a bad idea.

Other that a Glock 43 in a Galco pocket holster, a spare mag and a Surefire G2X Tactical flashlight, everything in that pic is my entire EDC loadout.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I used to trek in the mountains, my med kit consisted of a tube of Superglue. I figured I could forage for other needs and take care of biological needs when I got back. It always seemed to work out OK.

Your results may vary.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I used to trek in the mountains, my med kit consisted of a tube of Superglue. I figured I could forage for other needs and take care of biological needs when I got back. It always seemed to work out OK.

Your results may vary.

Yeah, if I were traveling off the beaten path, I'd take more, a helluva lot more. But I don't venture out into the woods anymore.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 10 grandchildren and they all come to Pa when they get a boo boo. Doctor em up, wipe the tears, give em a hug and a kiss then pat em on the bottom and see em on their way.

That's basically what I want to happen too. But instead, on this particular night, we had to listen to him scream and wail as if he'd been attacked by a grizzly or something. After about 5 minutes or so (which seemed like an hour) we finally found a Walmart and bought some stuff to patch him up. That's when I decided to put this kit together so we can avoid (or at least shorten) that nerve whacking experience.

Latest posts

Top Bottom