Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1702826651222.png

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn’t get into this one but the gray man series is great. He’s got another one called armored that is really good as well!
I admit, it took a little bit for Red Metal to capture me, but once it did I found it very hard to put down.

As for the Gray man, even though some of it is pretty far fetched, I like it and look forward to each new book. Armored on the other hand wasn't for me. I barely got through it and the only reason I did was because once I start a book I hate to not finish it.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently listening to Borderline: Defending the Home Front by Vincent "Rocco" Vargas. You might know Rocco from his videos done with Mat Best, like the music video linked below, or from his role on the TV show Mayans, a spinoff of Sons of Anarchy. Before that, he was an Army Ranger (he was in the 75th Ranger Regiment), and after he left active duty, he joined the US Border Patrol, eventually becoming part of their elite BORSTAR (Border Patrol Search Trauma and Rescue) unit.

He wrote the book in large part because basically nobody has explained what the Border Patrol does, so most of what the public sees are the erroneous to disinformational accounts from the media. In addition to being his memoir, he explains a lot of nuts and bolts of the border (like the difference between the Border Patrol and ICE, f'rinstance), so if you've wondered what the straight dope is on what's happening on the border, here's your guide.

Rocco singing B*tch I Operate with Mat Best. Language warning...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ordering the 2nd one as soon as funds allow. The first one was very interesting and insightful.

1703624535937.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1684510791/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
The Rifle is an inspirational story and hero’s journey of a 28-year-old U.S. Marine, Andrew Biggio, who returned home from combat in Afghanistan and Iraq, full of questions about the price of war. He found answers from those who survived the costliest war of all -- WWII veterans.

It began when Biggio bought a 1945 M1 Garand Rifle, the most common rifle used in WWII, to honor his great uncle, a U.S. Army soldier who died on the hills of the Italian countryside. When Biggio showed the gun to his neighbor, WWII veteran Corporal Joseph Drago, it unlocked memories Drago had kept unspoken for 50 years. On the spur of the moment, Biggio asked Drago to sign the rifle. Thus began this Marine’s mission to find as many WWII veterans as he could, get their signatures on the rifle, and document their stories.

For two years, Biggio traveled across the country to interview America’s last-living WWII veterans. Each time he put the M1 Garand Rifle in their hands, their eyes lit up with memories triggered by holding the weapon that had been with them every step of the war. With each visit and every story told to Biggio, the veterans signed their names to the rifle. 96 signatures now cover that rifle, each a reminder of the price of war and the courage of our soldiers.

1703624497056.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1684515068/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
In this highly anticipated follow-up to The Rifle, Andrew Biggio brings to light more untold stories from the quickly vanishing ranks of the veterans of World War II.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my fellow Jack Carr fans...if you didn't already know, he has a new Terminal List series book coming out Spring 24...book 7......Red Sky Mourning. Another James Reece story...looking forward to it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ordering the 2nd one as soon as funds allow. The first one was very interesting and insightful.

View attachment 440443

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1684510791/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
The Rifle is an inspirational story and hero’s journey of a 28-year-old U.S. Marine, Andrew Biggio, who returned home from combat in Afghanistan and Iraq, full of questions about the price of war. He found answers from those who survived the costliest war of all -- WWII veterans.

It began when Biggio bought a 1945 M1 Garand Rifle, the most common rifle used in WWII, to honor his great uncle, a U.S. Army soldier who died on the hills of the Italian countryside. When Biggio showed the gun to his neighbor, WWII veteran Corporal Joseph Drago, it unlocked memories Drago had kept unspoken for 50 years. On the spur of the moment, Biggio asked Drago to sign the rifle. Thus began this Marine’s mission to find as many WWII veterans as he could, get their signatures on the rifle, and document their stories.

For two years, Biggio traveled across the country to interview America’s last-living WWII veterans. Each time he put the M1 Garand Rifle in their hands, their eyes lit up with memories triggered by holding the weapon that had been with them every step of the war. With each visit and every story told to Biggio, the veterans signed their names to the rifle. 96 signatures now cover that rifle, each a reminder of the price of war and the courage of our soldiers.

View attachment 440442

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1684515068/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
In this highly anticipated follow-up to The Rifle, Andrew Biggio brings to light more untold stories from the quickly vanishing ranks of the veterans of World War II.
Just ordered the first one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom