Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone somewhere mentioned the Giant Killer about an ex-Army guy Special Forces-Capt Richard Flatary (sp). He was the shortest individual ever to be allowed in the Army at 4' 7" and was as tough as nails. I'm currently reading the book and it's pretty interesting, it tells his life story and the hardships he went through to become a Special Forces type and he received the Silver Star. That's it, I'm not going to give all the details but if you are an RVN veteran you'd enjoy the book.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you'd like something 'farcical' to help pass the time and get your mind off of things. My wife has a new one, just released ...

FLATIRON DEATH GRIP
Airship 27 Productions is thrilled to announce its new thriller from Oklahoma based fantasy author, Peggy Chambers.
Teasy Sanders patrolled the streets at night wearing her lime green F. U. tee shirt from Flatiron University where she wished she could have attended. Like so many people in her neighborhood she tired of the criminals like the Gray Wolf gang who’d taken over. Gangs had killed her family and friends and she wanted her neighborhood back. She had the tools to put an end to the criminal activity, but the air pollution in the city was getting worse by the minute. And Teasy and her new gang may have found an answer to that.
The Civil Rights Act had once more been amended, and now included all life forms: humans, werewolves, vampires, and the most hideous, zombies. And suddenly the world was full of them. But could they save the world before everyone choked to death on the pollution?
Peggy Chambers delivers a fun romp through a world where fantasy becomes reality and the answer to the world’s problems could be sitting in an abandoned subway tunnel just waiting to be discovered. First time Airship 27 illustrator Gabriella Saenz provides the black and white interior illustrations while Canadian artist Ted Hammond the action themed cover.
AIRSHIP 27 PRODUCTIONS – PULP FICTION FOR A NEW GENERATION!
Available now in paperback from Amazon and soon on Kindle.
(https://www.amazon.com/dp/1953589103/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1...)

I think this is number ten for her in publication. She writes several different genres. Check out her website for all the titles ...

Peggy Chambers
http://peggylchambers.com

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the ‘killing’ series by O’reilly. These don’t lean one way or another, just facts from what I can tell. The Reagan one left me with a little disheartened feeling about Reagan. Killing the Mob was good. Currently on the Killing Lincoln one and have Killing Kennedy waiting.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one isn't so much a "sit down and read it" book as a "sit down and read a few pages or a chapter" book.
BF0B2180-0FC8-407F-A796-F004377278FA.jpeg

If you're a fan of the Statler Brothers and want to know more about them, and more particularly, their music, this is a must-have for your bookshelf. (For those who aren't aware, Harold and Don Reid were the only actual brothers in the Statler Brothers.) It's laid out with each album being covered by a chapter, and the songs on each album having a section within the chapter.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of the ‘killing’ series by O’Reilly. These don’t lean one way or another, just facts from what I can tell. The Reagan one left me with a little disheartened feeling about Reagan. Killing the Mob was good. Currently on the Killing Lincoln one and have Killing Kennedy waiting.
I have only read two of this series, Killing the Rising Sun and Killing Patton. Both were very good, a lot of history here I didn't know about.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't know about Killing The Mob. I thought I had all of them. Turns out, there are two or three I don't have. Guess I need to get on Amazon!!!

BTW - I am currently reading The Hunt For Red October. Saw the movie when it came out, but I never had read the book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom