Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m kind of a book worm and love to read. Currently reading the Alex Cross series By James Patterson, finished the memory man series by David Baldacci (highly recommend), and a few others here and there. I also like to read military non fiction but it’s harder to find good ones on the Libby system for Tulsa area.

What are some good recommendations for what to read next?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Citizen Soldiers: The U.S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany

Same writer has other books about WW2 but I haven't read those.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5311C757-A987-431F-A99C-8174BA7C228A.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite writer was Robert B. Parker. I don't know if you're old enough to remember the Spenser, For Hire television show back in the late 70s/early 80s, but the show was based on his Spenser novels. Spencer was a smart mouthed PI in Boston.

Parker is also famous for his Jesse Stone series that was turned into a series of movies starring Tom Selleck. Stone is a former LAPD homicide detective, who is going through a divorce and gets fired for being drunk on the job. He accepts a job as police chief of a quiet little fishing town, Paradise, Massachusetts.

Of course, Jesse digs up some town secrets that he shouldn't have and it all goes to hell, as you can imagine.

Parker also dove into the western genre with the Cole & Hitch series. I'm not a big western fan, but he did a good job. There's also a movie from his first Cole & Hitch novel, Appaloosa starring Ed Harris, Viggo Mortensen and Renee Zellweger. Awesome movie!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of my favorite writers....... just to name a few. Not in any particular order.

James Lee Burke - Dave Robicheaux series, etc.
John Steinbeck - Grapes of Wrath. East of Eden, Our Winter of Discontent, Of Mice and Men, etc
Cormac McCarthy - All The Pretty Horses, The Crossing, Cities Of The Plains
A.B. Guthrie, Jr. - The Way West , The Big Sky, Fair Land -Fair Land, etc.
Dennis Lehane - The Given Day, Mystic River, etc. etc.
C.J. Box - The Joe Pickett Series
Pat Conroy - Prince Of Tides, South Of Broad, The Great Santini, etc
Craig Johnson - The Walt Longmire Series
Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, We The Living
Mark Twain - most everything he wrote
John Ross - Unintended Consequences

That should give anyone a good start on a reading list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom