Book recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those interested in Unintended Consequences by John Ross, it's available as a free .pdf if you can get past a few editing hiccups.
https://billstclair.com/Unintended-Consequences.pdf

I’m about 260 pages in and it’s been a page turner so far. Henry, the main character will be well established by the time the SHTF.

The natural segue from that is the Matt Bracken series, "Enemies Foreign and Domestic". I also endorse another poster's recommendation of the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box. Reading this book series in order will allow the reader to understand long-running character development. The series currently stands at 21 books.

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm reading John Stryker Meyer's books on MACV-SOG after listening to his appearances on Jocko's podcast. Across The Fence is his first. Well worth the time if y'all have any interest in that period of history.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
R. E. McDermott has a 3 book series on Amazon that begins with "Under a Tell-Tale Sky." You can download the first book free, but I can almost guarantee that you will buy the other two after you read the first one. It is several inter-connected stories about the how people respond to the aftermath of a solar flare.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm reading John Stryker Meyer's books on MACV-SOG after listening to his appearances on Jocko's podcast. Across The Fence is his first. Well worth the time if y'all have any interest in that period of history.
Tilt himself reads the Audible version of Across the Fence, which is a pretty good read. He was recently (within the last month) on Andy Stumpf's Cleared Hot podcast along with fellow former Green Beret Mike Glover (Glover is a GWOT veteran, not Vietnam). They went about three hours, so I'd recommend listening via your podcast catcher, but it is available on YouTube. It's well worth a listen, as he covers some stuff that wasn't in even the expanded version of Across the Fence.

He also did a video with Evan Hafer about a year or two back. That one is on YouTube, but I don't know if it's available as a podcast.

You might also check out Chadd Wright's Three Of Seven podcast. Within the last few months he interviewed Bo Jordan, who was also in MACV-SOG running missions across the fence, though he might've been doing it later.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want the best Zombie series ever written, look no further than John Ringo with the first book being Under a Graveyard Sky and the series being called Black Tide Rising. He doesn't do mystical zombies, just a disease that makes humans crazy. He has other series out that are just as good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom