BOOMER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Not all of it. Stoops better be kissing everybody on that front's ass because they played they're hearts out today and probably saved his job. Especially Oko but the whole defensive front is why they were able to squeak a win out today. They really did leave it all on the field in this one. If we only had a coordinator and the corners had half the ability of the front, they'd never get scored on.
Stoops !!! He is no longer there unless we stepped into a alternate dimension ...:cool:
yes you are right we have 1-2 players on D every year that are lights out , but for the most part our D is ..... frustrating to put it mildly!!!
Oko is a beast and we will be watching him on high light reels for a long while.:respect:.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stoops !!! He is no longer there unless we stepped into a alternate dimension ...:cool:
yes you are right we have 1-2 players on D every year that are lights out , but for the most part our D is ..... frustrating to put it mildly!!!
Oko is a beast and we will be watching him on high light reels for a long while.:respect:.

Mike Stoops is who I'm referring to. The defensive coordinator?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
And shadow , we are in a pass heavy league, how do we not have some of the best cover guys on the field every year? This is OU not some second tier team. To much emphasis is put into recruiting offense and not enough on D. For the last several years our secondary has been terrible with a few "stars" and I just do not understand this. We should be reloading, instead we get nail biting ......... LOL

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And shadow , we are in a pass heavy league, how do we not have some of the best cover guys on the field every year? This is OU not some second tier team. To much emphasis is put into recruiting offense and not enough on D. For the last several years our secondary has been terrible with a few "stars" and I just do not understand this. We should be reloading, instead we get nail biting ......... LOL

It seems that the game is all offense and scoring 50 points every game. Just "have the better offense and outscore them" is driving recruiting these days. I remember when OU's defense scored almost as much as the offense did. I miss those days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom