Bose vs. Sonos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been super satisfied with my Bose Acoustimass systems. Had the 3, 5, and 7. My living room isn't acoustically isolated or purpose built, but the sound is full and incredible. The Polk in ceiling system my parents have is also pretty incredible. I've also got a Samsung Sam's Club soundbar and woofer as a gift, it also sounds really good.

You can throw money at it, but unless you're building the theater... floating walls, floor, rubber isolated ceiling, just about any amplified sound will fill your space.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading yall’s input as well as some online reviews, I went and listened to a few systems today. I’m quite impressed with Klipsch, Samsung, and Polk’s ability to produce amazing sound at reasonable price points. I think for now I’m going to stick to just a sound bar/sub configuration.

I’m paying for a lot of expenses out of pocket (long gravel driveway, new fridge, water softener, etc) out of pocket as well as paying off a vehicle 4 years early so I don’t want to be too frivolous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can throw money at it, but unless you're building the theater... floating walls, floor, rubber isolated ceiling, just about any amplified sound will fill your space.

I agree. In my youth, I spent far too much time with my head IN the speaker at dances and bars.
Then, my time as scooter trash, on straight-piped Harley's,
Then my time in that era shooting with no ear protection.....

I'm betting I can't discern nuances in different brands.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't hear well enough to have an opinion. My right ear is shot, my left isn't much better. Too much time riding on loud-as-hell helicopters and shooting without ear protection in my Marine Corps days. I'd just get something big and cheap so it at least looked good. This whole taking care of your hearing is yet another thing I wish I'd done differently in my rash youth.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also Jamo. They are a newer brand but highly highly rated buty die hard audio buffs!

Jamo has been around as long as any of them. Circuit City and Ultimate Electronics both carried them. From 1966-2005 they were under the same ownership, but in 2005 Klipsch bought the Jamo brand, and then a few other companies from API, Athena Speakers which where great, especially for the price, Mirage and Energy, both considered high end.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jamo has been around as long as any of them. Circuit City and Ultimate Electronics both carried them. From 1966-2005 they were under the same ownership, but in 2005 Klipsch bought the Jamo brand, and then a few other companies from API, Athena Speakers which where great, especially for the price, Mirage and Energy, both considered high end.

Great to know! That said you can buy Jamo today. They are a swedish company now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom