Bose vs. Sonos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just listened to a Samsung sound bar (HW-Q70R) and holy crap!!! The decision to purchase Harmon Kardon a couple of years back is paying off. That thing sounded ridiculously good for the price point. I’ve always bought Bose stuff (it lasts forever) but I may be making a non-Bose purchase this time. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just listened to a Samsung sound bar (HW-Q70R) and holy crap!!! The decision to purchase Harmon Kardon a couple of years back is paying off. That thing sounded ridiculously good for the price point. I’ve always bought Bose stuff (it lasts forever) but I may be making a non-Bose purchase this time. We shall see.

We bought a Yamaha sound bar for the RV. It has a clear voice option in a third channel that takes voice from a tv, cleans it up and sends it out with the music or tv program. It does an amazing job. I can actually understand a TV program now. With out it, most TV shows are part garble because of hearing loss back in the day. Has a bass extension built in without a separate woofer that sounds pretty good. It’s not a thumper, but at normal listening levels it works well.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but maybe this will question will help in the OP's decision.

Will adding a soundbar help with the constant swing in volume, especially when watching action movies? Seems like one minute my TV is too quiet to hear anything, then the next minute, i'm scrambling for the remote so it doesn't wake up the entire neighborhood.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading yall’s input as well as some online reviews, I went and listened to a few systems today. I’m quite impressed with Klipsch, Samsung, and Polk’s ability to produce amazing sound at reasonable price points. I think for now I’m going to stick to just a sound bar/sub configuration.

I’m paying for a lot of expenses out of pocket (long gravel driveway, new fridge, water softener, etc) out of pocket as well as paying off a vehicle 4 years early so I don’t want to be too frivolous.

I have a Polk soundbar and am pretty impressed. It wasn't too long ago that I was one helluva audiophile, and although it isn't quite up to the standard of the old school Infinity IRS Vs (that used to cost $65,000 back in the day and used still go for close to $50000!), it's pretty good.

Not to hijack the thread, but maybe this will question will help in the OP's decision.

Will adding a soundbar help with the constant swing in volume, especially when watching action movies? Seems like one minute my TV is too quiet to hear anything, then the next minute, i'm scrambling for the remote so it doesn't wake up the entire neighborhood.

Most of the newer ones have settings to disable to at least tone down the volume swings. The Polk version I have has this and it works fairly well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom