Bought a new chicken coop ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 100% with him on that. I'd love to hunt ducks and might sometime if I find a buddy that I know will eat them. I won't eat them because they taste like nasty a$$ liver. Blechhh. :puke:

I have a big thing of chicken livers in the fridge. Haha! Those are for dinner for me tomorrow. The old man will piss and moan and ***** but I haven't had liver and onions in FOREVER!!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a big thing of chicken livers in the fridge. Haha! Those are for dinner for me tomorrow. The old man will piss and moan and ***** but I haven't had liver and onions in FOREVER!!
Ah girl, I love fried chicken livers. And the Madill Walmart deli doesn't even make 'em anymore.

Had my sis bring 5lbs a while back from a Walmart deli in Texas when she came to visit... :D

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eta: Huh. Wonder if that means everyone who has ducks (waterfowl) need a license. Go away,Dave!! :cry3:

We never worried about it when we had ducks. 'Course, I was somewhere between 5-8 years old at the time, but dad's a lawyer too (yes, it's a genetic affliction; my sister, granddad, and at least one cousin are all lawyers as well).

I don't know that I'd call those ducks "game birds," though; from what I remember, "Purina hawk chow" would be a better description.

Ah girl, I love fried chicken livers. And the Madill Walmart deli doesn't even make 'em anymore.

Had my sis bring 5lbs a while back from a Walmart deli in Texas when she came to visit... :D

You, sir, need to find yourself a Grandy's restaurant. Order the (all-you-can-eat) dinner, and make them drop a fresh batch for you. Best chicken livers going. One of the first two things I did upon returning to OK after ten years' absence (the other being Braum's).

Grandy's:

Sherman
3201 Texoma Parkway
Sherman, TX 75090
Call us: (903) 893-8003
32 miles away from 73446

Ardmore
819 Commerce
Ardmore, OK 73401
Call Us: (580) 226-2051
36 miles away from 73446

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't think domestic ducks are considered "waterfowl" or "game birds" under the statute anymore than goldfish or guppies are considered "game fish."

But I'm not a lawyer. :drunk2:
Game fish are specified in the regulations. If not mentioned, they are rough fish, although releasing any of those specie is not allowed in public waters. Your not even allowed to transfer game fish from any place into public waters, or between public waters.
Gold fish have infested Lake of the Ozarks and Tablerock lake in Missouri.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I saw quail at Atwoods in kingfisher last fall. I'll look next time I'm up there my heathen has to go back there and see the chicks and bunnies anyways..

I run a heat lamp in our coop, it only adds about 10-15 degrees, but the hens seem to like it at night. Always seem to be roosting on that end.

I wrapped a heat tape thingy like you use on plumbing around our water bucket, even with the low temps the water hasn't frozen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom