Bought a new chicken coop ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Annie and the other chicken thread, I looked into stuff for BA. A chicken coop has to be 150 ft from a neighbors dwelling and my lot isnt that big so no go for me :(
I could have had 5 chickens otherwise.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Annie and the other chicken thread, I looked into stuff for BA. A chicken coop has to be 150 ft from a neighbors dwelling and my lot isnt that big so no go for me :(
I could have had 5 chickens otherwise.
Neighbors can be coerced with free chicken eggs. 5 hens would probably go unnoticed behind a fence..

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie those quail we raised were Pharo quail (may be misspelled) from a chick to big enough to eat was just a few weeks where something like a bobwhite would take six months

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got veins and a dark spot(behind the "A")

FvkplPR.jpg

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of Cackle, they have lots of vids on Youtube. Hoover is another good one with an excellent website and information.

I think my buds Rooster is a racist.

I was told by his ma that the RIR Rooster wouldn't have anything to do with a handful of younger Leghorns. Sure enough, their 4 eggs were infertile. That left me with 8 brown eggs from layers the rooster hangs around. Of that 8, it appears only 4 or 5 were fertile. I dropped one when I was rotating it around in the incubator. That leaves 3 maybe 4 chicks to develop. I see why home incubators start with LOTS of eggs..

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of Cackle, they have lots of vids on Youtube. Hoover is another good one with an excellent website and information.

I think my buds Rooster is a racist.

I was told by his ma that the RIR Rooster wouldn't have anything to do with a handful of younger Leghorns. Sure enough, their 4 eggs were infertile. That left me with 8 brown eggs from layers the rooster hangs around. Of that 8, it appears only 4 or 5 were fertile. I dropped one when I was rotating it around in the incubator. That leaves 3 maybe 4 chicks to develop. I see why home incubators start with LOTS of eggs..
If youre using a chicken to raise the chick the Leghorns don't make very good mothers for some reason....

Latest posts

Top Bottom