Bought my daughter her first vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I do not remember any of my birthdays ..I sure as heck did not get any cars.
Some whoopins i know.
Me neither. I bought that car with the $600 I had saved up from working for the past year in construction for my dad. When I got my DL he took me to the first used car lot in town that had a $600 car and said pay the man.

Didn't even get to test drive it or nothing, but I was sure proud of that thing until I found out the engine was made out of beer cans. I didn't know anything about cars at the time but I sure learned fast enough owning that thing.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taught daughter about replacing seals and u-joints today. Of course lug nuts, calipers, pads, rotors, hubs and wheel bearings were discussed as we worked our way toward the axle shafts. We learned about different hammers, punches, anvils and vises also. I can’t think of a better way to spend Fathers Day.
90168BED-3C84-4BAE-8A7B-DAA302D9A7D7.jpeg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taught daughter about replacing seals and u-joints today. Of course lug nuts, calipers, pads, rotors, hubs and wheel bearings were discussed as we worked our way toward the axle shafts. We learned about different hammers, punches, anvils and vises also. I can’t think of a better way to spend Fathers Day.
View attachment 210384

At least in later life, even if she isn't the one doing the work, she'll know if she's being screwed around with by a mechanics quote!

Great job!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 210384
I’m a bit terrified, where are the jack stands? I only see jacks and her under a wheel well. I’ve had them move or fail on me more than once. Had a friend almost lose a leg once when the jack fail. It’s one massive scar.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a bit terrified, where are the jack stands? I only see jacks and her under a wheel well. I’ve had them move or fail on me more than once. Had a friend almost lose a leg once when the jack fail. It’s one massive scar.
I knew I had that comin. They are under another piece of equipment. Took a gamble I guess. As tall as the wheel wells are I wasn’t too worried. We worked on it with caution. No body parts under the axles.
I mean heck, I used two floor jacks. She hasn’t graduated to hi-lift jack class yet. I love em and appreciate their usefulness but they are the only jack that almost ever kilt me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 210384
Gonna let her learn the hard way about working in the shop with open toe foot wear. :bolt:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew I had that comin. They are under another piece of equipment. Took a gamble I guess. As tall as the wheel wells are I wasn’t too worried. We worked on it with caution. No body parts under the axles.
I mean heck, I used two floor jacks. She hasn’t graduated to hi-lift jack class yet. I love em and appreciate their usefulness but they are the only jack that almost ever kilt me.
Just for kicks, drop the front-end from a few inches off the floor and notice how that wheel well space shrinks.

Life's too short at best, my friend. Don't risk your precious items.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom