Bought my daughter her first vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for kicks, drop the front-end from a few inches off the floor and notice how that wheel well space shrinks.

Life's too short at best, my friend. Don't risk your precious items.
:drunk2:
Yeah since we lived through it and saved money by doing it ourselves I should probably buy a couple more jackstands. Or build a couple. Or just fix the piece of equipment that is sitting on the four stands we have.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah since we lived through it and saved money by doing it ourselves I should probably buy a couple more jackstands. Or build a couple. Or just fix the piece of equipment that is sitting on the four stands we have.
Absofrikkinlutely! Don't take chances like that! Now go and sin no more or I shall chastise you a second time.

Don't use the ratcheting type stand either. I'm curious, how did a Hi Lift screw up? Assuming you're talking about this
7152Y-qDPbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

and not this.
50017_06_1024x.jpg

Did the click clack safety break or did it run out from under the item jacked? I've had nothing but good luck from Hi Lifts.

The farm jacks on the other hand are deadly.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The farm jacks on the other hands are deadly.
I've had one try to break my hand* and another try to drop a New Holland 55 rake on my ribs while I was standing up, but those things are handier than a pocket on a shirt around a farm. I just used a Hi-Lift brand farm jack to get a disc mower properly connected to a tractor last Sunday, as a matter of fact.

* It failed miserably, although it did reinforce that old saying, "why do they say something 'smarts' when it's usually the result of doing something stupid?"

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice truck. Lucky girl. That's an 8" lift at best as a side note. Get the heaviest floor jack you can. Those diesels are not light. And keep her out of muddy fields, those diesels are not light. That bumper jack would not pick up the front without folding the sheet metal bumper up I think.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had one try to break my hand* and another try to drop a New Holland 55 rake on my ribs while I was standing up, but those things are handier than a pocket on a shirt around a farm. I just used a Hi-Lift brand farm jack to get a disc mower properly connected to a tractor last Sunday, as a matter of fact.

* It failed miserably, although it did reinforce that old saying, "why do they say something 'smarts' when it's usually the result of doing something stupid?"

Those dang handles really like to snap back and pinch/slam your hand on the beam of the jack. You would think after just one time you would be more careful using one but nooooooo. Slam! Every time. Usually while I'm picking it up.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OSA...OSHA...pretty similar huh? :lookaroun lmao.

If you haven't already, when you start hearing popping and thumping in the floorboards, it's the swaybar bushings and end link bushings, all easy to replace. Also, if you need a brush guard, I've got one in the shop that's been sitting since 2016 when we sold the wife's 2002 Excursion, you're more than welcome to it, it's in good shape.

Latest posts

Top Bottom