Bought my daughter her first vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We figured if you’re gonna have a big black jacked up truck, ya might as well put some rock lights on it. No red, blue or green. Just white. Put a couple backup light under the rear bumper too. They are switched as opposed to being on the reverse lights. My dad always made wiring stuff look fast and easy. Just used a pocket knife and a roll of black tape. We did it the hard way with good connectors and shrink wrap. Dad hung out with us for a while lastnight and I could tell he was thinking it’d be a lot faster doin it his way. Lol
Father doin it his way will be exactly like my father did which will leave you stranded when you don't want to be left stranded usually under the truck in the mud with a dead flashlight cussin.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Jos came to me a couple weeks ago and said she thought she’d found a different truck that would suit her overall needs better. She’s going to tech college in the mornings before high school where she’s a junior and has to navigate lots of tight spaces. She told me that while she still loves driving this big ol black truck she would like to have this truck she found. We went and looked at what she found and this big ol pushover dad bought her the truck. It’s a blue 06 dodge 1500 4x4 crew cab Laramie 90k miles and 4.7L magnum with all the bells and whistles including sunroof and power rear window. I guess those are important. Truck has has 2 previous owners and it seems they both knew each other. A very fat folder with all maintenance records came with the truck. My only complaint is the original owner had the bumpers and grill painted to match and they no longer match. Won’t be hard to find good chrome bumpers and a grill. I also ordered bilstein shocks for it with leveling struts for the front. Jos and I don’t like how low the front of the truck is. We put the big black truck up for sale and probably priced it high but we wouldn’t mind keeping it around I reckon.
2B145B0B-D8D1-4E03-AF5E-92F621952DD6.png
A2BCF005-9DF2-4121-8443-3BE77927D66C.jpeg

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad that deal worked out for you all and it is a cool looking ride- isn't it cool to have a layed back kid- mine is mostly that way except she like things a lot neater than I do now days- I use to clean and be on top of things like a phene, but now I'm just a lazy ole dog- try to keep things clean but not organized hardly at all.
My girl just turned 16 on Jan 6- she has been a little slower worrying about driving but did go to driving school and is now getting into it. We have a 2011 Cadilac cts that is still in good shape and has about 170 k on it. I bought it new and mostly my wife drives it. I hate how low it is, like getting into a mg or something mini. Bought a new Cadilac for the wife, first new car since 2011- gave the cts to daughter. She is already pestering me to make a couple fixes on a place the leather seats got wet and need repair. Now the wife will probally give me crap since I didn't do that while she had it. Wife is actually having withdraws letting this old car go. Women- there should be a bounty on em.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd buy that brush guard back from you, we just bought another Excursion last week lol :)
😂 I wonder how many times I’ve gotten rid of something I was sure I’d never need again only to end up needing it again. What year excursion did you buy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom