Bought my first Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a good deal at a local pawn shop for the S&W 9mm Shield. I've heard nothing but praise for this gun. HOLY CRAP that is comfortable to carry! I haven't fired it yet but I'm eager to. I was wondering if anybody had any feed or ejection probs with their shield so I could avoid that ammo?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine ate everything I ran through it, with no problems at all. As far as SD ammo, I used 124 gr Gold Dots. And you are so correct; it's a great little carry gun. I'd still have it, but...Glock 43. I just shoot the 43 a lot better, personally, so I kept it and sold the Shield. Hope you like the little thing!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! I have it loaded with 115 golden sabers right now cuz I never had any problems with that through my other compacts. I love gold dots but after dropping the money for this the wife was like, "you cant buy some cheaper ammo???"

edit: 124 gr golden sabers is what I meant.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
124 gr Federal HST's for us. This is a TWELVE round group and 25 YARDS benched out of my wife's (hers is a bit more accurate than mine).

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_Shield9mmat25yds_zps318cbbe6.jpg

That's what remains of a Birchwood Casey 2" spotter! :D

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wife has one as her daily carry, she loves it. Never have had any issues with FTF/FTE, eats anything it is fed and carries really well for her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom