Bow survivor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled a camera card today and had this guy on it. Pretty sure this is an arrow wound. I’m assuming it is from at least 2 months prior being as that’s when bow season closed.

I have had cameras out continuously and this is the first time I’ve seen this deer. Not sure where he came from or where he was shot, unless it was my neighbor on the section northeast of me. I’ve met all my other neighbors and none of them bow hunt.

Surprising that the deer survived. Must have been a bad angle or something because that looks like it would have been a high lung shot. And assuming the hunter was in an elevated stand, you’d thing the downward angle would have for sure gotten one of the lungs pretty solid.

69BC394B-7D06-48A2-BC42-C5CAC4C4952F.jpeg
79870767-F4FD-4EDC-9838-23F96B1F0369.jpeg
0293BC64-80E2-4481-B14B-E9457132EDC4.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough to say exactly what happened without someone knowing a little history. Deer are tough and resilient animals. With my tracking experience, I see a lot of deer that survive archery and even gun hits.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good sized hole! A guy that hunts on me shot a pretty nice 10 in 2019 with a 7 Mag at 35 yards, knocked the buck down, then the deer jumped up and ran off... 1 spot of blood and tissue. That buck showed back up on camera 2 months later, you could see where the shot hit him, right through no mans land between the vitals and spine....incredibly tough animals. I will try to find pics of that deer.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled a camera card today and had this guy on it. Pretty sure this is an arrow wound. I’m assuming it is from at least 2 months prior being as that’s when bow season closed.

I have had cameras out continuously and this is the first time I’ve seen this deer. Not sure where he came from or where he was shot, unless it was my neighbor on the section northeast of me. I’ve met all my other neighbors and none of them bow hunt.

Surprising that the deer survived. Must have been a bad angle or something because that looks like it would have been a high lung shot. And assuming the hunter was in an elevated stand, you’d thing the downward angle would have for sure gotten one of the lungs pretty solid.
If it's an arrow wound, it could have been slowed/deflected by a limb/branch and lost too much "oomph" for proper penetration.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty good sized hole! A guy that hunts on me shot a pretty nice 10 in 2019 with a 7 Mag at 35 yards, knocked the buck down, then the deer jumped up and ran off... 1 spot of blood and tissue. That buck showed back up on camera 2 months later, you could see where the shot hit him, right through no mans land between the vitals and spine....incredibly tough animals. I will try to find pics of that deer.
Thats why I like neck shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom