Bowling pin shoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks man. So its the total time of 3 runs? I wasnt sure on that. Im sure going to try to make the next one which is just a pistol head to head I think. Do you mind me asking what guns you use?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man. So its the total time of 3 runs? I wasnt sure on that. Im sure going to try to make the next one which is just a pistol head to head I think. Do you mind me asking what guns you use?

This time it was total of 3 runs. I think if there had been more shooters they would have limited it to 2 runs each.

Yes, the next one is a head-to-head double elimination bracket.

The rifle is a 16" carbine length gas, in 300 Blackout with a AAC 762 SD suppressor. On top was a Nikon M-300 illuminated reticle. I was shooting a load with a 110gn Barnes Tac-TX bullet that is pretty close to their factory offering. There ended up being 4 shooting my rifle in the match.

In this one I was using my M&P .40 Pro. I've shot M&P 9 Pro, a FS M&P .45, and a 1911 in .45. The .40 worked well although my load was a bit light the first two rounds and I changed ammo for the last round. Either my hits were much better or the change helped. The pins reacted better! I've seen plenty of guys do well with 9 and .40, but the .45 seems to be the choice of most.

To even it up a bit, we are limited to 8 rounds in the pistols and 5 in the rifle.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This time it was total of 3 runs. I think if there had been more shooters they would have limited it to 2 runs each.

Yes, the next one is a head-to-head double elimination bracket.

The rifle is a 16" carbine length gas, in 300 Blackout with a AAC 762 SD suppressor. On top was a Nikon M-300 illuminated reticle. I was shooting a load with a 110gn Barnes Tac-TX bullet that is pretty close to their factory offering. There ended up being 4 shooting my rifle in the match.

In this one I was using my M&P .40 Pro. I've shot M&P 9 Pro, a FS M&P .45, and a 1911 in .45. The .40 worked well although my load was a bit light the first two rounds and I changed ammo for the last round. Either my hits were much better or the change helped. The pins reacted better! I've seen plenty of guys do well with 9 and .40, but the .45 seems to be the choice of most.

To even it up a bit, we are limited to 8 rounds in the pistols and 5 in the rifle.
The secret to success on those pins is 10mm. Don't tell anyone.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The secret to success on those pins is 10mm. Don't tell anyone.

I'm still thinking the heaviest projectiles you can launch at them in the least amount of time. For that reason I have a project going to stuff a 300gr XTP bullet in a .45 ACP case.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160719_3b1f1a0841d520c89bf0d1be95c42225.jpg

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. Its been so long since I shot pins I wasnt real sure what guns I was going to shoot. I have a G23 that I usually carry with a 9mm barrel in it but I was going to shoot it with the .40 at the shoot. And I couldnt decide if I wanted to shoot my 16" AR Blackout which I dont have a silencer for and I wasnt sure what my 125gr handloads would do at 150 yards to get the pins all the way off the table, or a 16" AR in .223 which I do have a silencer for but right now I only have cheap ammo for and I still wasnt sure I could get the pin all the way off in one shot. So I had my Sendero 300WM in the car to take. I know it would do it clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom