Boy, The Attorney General race has sure taken an ugly turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These things go in cycles and I can clearly imagine the arguments that would ensue - allowing the Governor to appoint more officials makes them (the officials) unaccountable to the public, except by several steps removed and it makes the Gov the owner and distributor of more political patronage which leads to corruption and backroom deals. While the "light" and "fresh air" of public elections makes officials accountable and less susceptible to corruption...and here we are at the start of our discussion again.

This is mainly the reason that the OSBI is governed by a commission. Members of the commission are appointed by various entities like the governor and leaders in the legislature. Those commissioners tend to be attorneys and law enforcement officials with a few others out of those fields. This is what keeps a governor from being able to "tank" an investigation into someone the governor likes.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I can believe what I've read, one of the individuals running for AG told his sister-in-law to lie when she asked him about his opinion on a legal matter so he ought to fit in real good. The problem of crooked politicians runs deeper than ever before in our nation's history and they are the real cause of all the problems in our country from the deficit to racism-and the end result in 50 years or less is that this nation will be against a wall of some sort.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My goodness, the "Oklahoman" sure did a job on Mr. Drummond this morning. Front page story, and then editorial detailing how he threatened to sue if the printed the story. His race may be over.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drummond is using his military service in the hope that it will give him a push for the AG. I don't like what I've heard about him.

I heard one of his ads today, pushing his status as a "veteran of combat in Desert Storm". Nothing steers my vote in another direction faster than someone using that tone in a campaign ad.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I heard one of his ads today, pushing his status as a "veteran of combat in Desert Storm". Nothing steers my vote in another direction faster than someone using that tone in a campaign ad.
I'm kind of the same way. I respect their willingness to serve but I want to hear what a candidate plans on doing for Oklahoma or the country or wherever. unfortunately, most voters won't do any research. If they did, they would know about his military background and go from there.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he is also counting on the popularity of his cousin's wife, Pioneer Woman. I don't really have an opinion of Hunter, but that's where I'm casting my vote.

Nope. Not sure if it's just that you guys aren't familiar with the family or what but Gentner has been highly successful here in Tulsa, especially with Blu Sky. He's kind of known as the mini-Kaiser in the philanthropy sense. Don't let this distract you boys from the negative ads though lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom