Braided Fishing Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use braid about 90% of the time. Many moons ago I was using Power Pro, winning tournaments with it, and they decided to sponsor me. I don't fish like that anymore, but still use Power Pro...it's good stuff.
Power Pro was one of the ones I tested, 80 pound broke at 40 in the static test.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Power Pro was one of the ones I tested, 80 pound broke at 40 in the static test.

I can pull a 20' bass boat around with 50lb, so I'm not worried about it! Interesting test, though. I wonder what effect (if any) is realized by water submersion?

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can pull a 20' bass boat around with 50lb, so I'm not worried about it! Interesting test, though. I wonder what effect (if any) is realized by water submersion?
Yeah, and last year fishing on a jetty in Port Aransas when I was snagged on the rocks with the 80 pound line I about killed myself trying to break it off...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Live bait? what are you, some kinda heathen? ;)
Nah, this time of year on Kaw anyway, if you don't have minners, you go home to whine about why you didn't catch anything on jigs. lol
I didn't have any luck today. But I did find them on the way back to the ramp at dark.
The dots are crappie.
1d55519eee49a16a376405e777b40372.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom