Brass reuseable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66Ford

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my new Sig 556 out this past weekend and picked up my brass looking forward to all the reloading I will be doing this Fall. I picked all the brass and it was all dented which I found out is normal for this gun. Can I reload this brass and if so will this amount of denting cut down on the times I can reload?
ai674.photobucket.com_albums_vv107_jheald_02_picture001.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you can reload them if they are dented in the mouth like those. You may have to straighten some of them out a little before your dies will accept them though. That one with the dent in the body I'm not sure about. Can't tell from that photo but I usually reload those too if they are not very deep. When you fire it, it will form to your chamber.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you will not have a problem, some will depend on your resizing die but it should take out the "dent" in the neck of the case.

Oh wait yea it will never work send me all your brass... Okay that's better..:bolt:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry about dents in the body. The one or two that I saw that had major dents in the neck, are easily fixed by using a common punch that is shortened. The taper in the neck as it gets bigger will make it round again.

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Naaaaah! All of it can be reloaded. Take a metal dowel and round of the mouth a little bit. The dented case will reform itself when you fire it the next time. (I've done it a lot of times with excelent results)

Latest posts

Top Bottom