Brass vs. Steel Cased Ammo – An Epic Torture Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wanna go shoot at Lexington too! But can't go this weekend, dang it. I wonder if there is a picnic pavilion or something there, with electricity? If so, that might make a good spot for a Chili-Cook-Off/ENS event.
Maybe @Brother Bob can fill us in on the setup there.

I've never been to the Lexington range so I have no idea what it is like.
Yep. I think @swampratt goes down there to shoot some, and @okierider too. Surely we can figure it out.
Also @n423.

Anyone that can give us the scoop on the Lexington range please do so. Thanks!

Are there benches, tables, chairs, target stands, yardage markers, etc.?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I found this photo on another thread.
ab8d917125fdbb0e8bd5c648c0f64510.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wilshire range does have a 100 yard indoor, but not a bench to set up on like an outdoor range. I'm pretty much into the outdoor ranges myself. I'm a reloader so collecting my brass is a must-do.
Wilshire does have benches to shoot from and they have actually got them set up pretty decent now!! Sighted in me and my sons black powder rifles Sunday!!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lexington is great as far as the shooting benches and cover. They have a 2 100 yard ranges with target points down too 25 and and a pistol range. Red clay so wear your boots @bigred1 , house slippers ain't gonna cut it!! On occasion you run into safety issues with the shooters but that is rare. Lock in the Game rangers phone number and they do respond!!
Zachery Paulk Purcell (405) 850-9757 Chad Strang Moore (405) 323-7863. Have met Zach and he is a good dude!!

Some of the low lifes will leave trash but most police the area and take more than they bring !!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I have picked up other trash and left over targets and disposed of them.
It is much better the last few months, No trash and no dim wits there.
Rangers kept an eye on it pretty good ..I think they weeded out most rule breakers.

If you are going to have a cook out there bring your own table and chairs.
There is not any electricity there either so if you need that bring your own.

I did BBQ bean and fries and fried fish one time at the camshaft shop ..thinking there would be some extra people there as there usually was.
But that day it was just me and David.
We ate good.
Cooked it on a turkey fryer.. beans were still warm from cooking them at the house.

I have reloaded my own ammo there in the back of my car to test different loads or do a brass fail test.
People get interested on how to reload when they see what you are doing. Pretty fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom