Brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Moved this here...probably go faster if it says free vs 5 bucks.
1Gal Ziploc baggie full of mixed Match LC/FA brass. IDK how many pieces and I'm not counting but it's enough to hit somebody in the nugget and probably kill them.
These have been converted to something besides 30 cal.
I thought 270 (two pics, 2 cases side by side, one 270 Win, the other, this stuff) but these are short and a 6.5 (in the pic) doesn't fit...maybe 25-06? The longest piece is 2.91...I don't feel like annealing this and trying to stretch it. I think someone tried to make their own brass and f'd it up, and sold online to a guy , to another guy, to another guy, to me.
You could probably melt it down and make ashtrays or a hookah with it too

You P/U in Elgin . Please PM for questions I won't answer business in the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_7205.jpg
    IMG_7205.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7208.jpg
    IMG_7208.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7209.jpg
    IMG_7209.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7210.jpg
    IMG_7210.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7211.jpg
    IMG_7211.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 0

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I like a good mystery and this one floors me. The case length doesn’t make any sense for anything I’ve searched for and I’ve even looked at wildcat cartridges!
Yeah nah, I think whomever did this, tried to make either 25-06 or 6.5-06 brass and it F'd up. That person probably trimmed it all wrong (obviously without a gage), and when he realized it, he just sold it as Match 30-06. It made it's way through some folks to me, where I got left holding the bag. Lesson learned. So, no mystery cartridge or anything - just some DB that is incompetent.

At any rate, there's probably enough brass left if it was annealed and worked up to minimum length it would be GTG. I figure it would take a few times annealing and several passes max. I just don't feel like Fing with it.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I figure it would take a few times annealing and several passes max. I just don't feel like Fing with it.
I tried this yesterday and it was to no avail. It lengthened but not enough to avoid any possible head space issues. Prolly be good for what @turkeyrun says...or similar cartridges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom