BREAKING: ATF says most popular pistol braces "shouldering devices"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so sick of reading comments on here from people that claim to support the 2A yet their statements declare otherwise. This is why we will lose the freedoms that we have. Including the 2A. It’s this attitude why we have lost so much. This oh well it’s the law crap. Actually it’s pretty darn clear that if a “law” is at odds with the constitution it is null and void. We were told by our founders ( ones that had the balls to risk their lives for freedom) that we should ignore said “laws” and that we have a DUTY to. But I shouldn’t be surprised, most folks during the revolutionary war were against fighting for their freedom. They were happy to be slaves. 3%.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can do the actions in picture 2 with the brace in picture 1...

Yes you can, but the people using them and the manufacturers were not pushing that when they went to the ATF for approval. They still are not but people are using them that way and the ATF is finding out about it.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so sick of reading comments on here from people that claim to support the 2A yet their statements declare otherwise. This is why we will lose the freedoms that we have. Including the 2A. It’s this attitude why we have lost so much. This oh well it’s the law crap. Actually it’s pretty darn clear that if a “law” is at odds with the constitution it is null and void. We were told by our founders ( ones that had the balls to risk their lives for freedom) that we should ignore said “laws” and that we have a DUTY to. But I shouldn’t be surprised, most folks during the revolutionary war were against fighting for their freedom. They were happy to be slaves. 3%.

Actually the founding fathers did not say to ignore the laws and they gave us the means to work to change them. You do not like a law, get enough people that agree with you and work to change it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the founding fathers did not say to ignore the laws and they gave us the means to work to change them. You do not like a law, get enough people that agree with you and work to change it.

Might doesn’t make right nor do numbers. The Constitution makes right and these laws are unconstitutional. All the Supreme Court ends to do is apply “strict scrutiny” rules to 2nd Amendment cases as they damn well should, and they would fall like dominoes.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might doesn’t make right nor do numbers. The Constitution makes right and these laws are unconstitutional. All the Supreme Court ends to do is apply “strict scrutiny” rules to 2nd Amendment cases as they damn well should, and they would fall like dominoes.

I agree with you in principle, but it is a pipe dream unless we can get a bunch of judges who are strict on the Constitution. Not sure we will ever get that or have ever had it for that matter. Thing is things like the brace were fine until people started pushing them further and further towards being a stock, then being dumb enough to get their 15 minutes on U-tube.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they were ruling on changing styles of braces, it does matter. If they said those just meant to be a brace were OK, but the manufacturers kept pushing them and making them more like stocks then you can expect the ruling to flip back and forth. I would have to see each brace they ruled on to have an informed opinion. When you go from a brace to a small stock, the ruling is going to change.

View attachment 181838 View attachment 181839

Again, you're speaking out of ignorance of not reading what they have said. Until you do, get back to us.

What are the "laws" concerning braces Rick? Tell us.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem as I see it is some braces are designed as braces for the arm, and some are clearly nothing more than a thinly disguised stock.
what's your point? we the people pulled a fast one on the ATF for a change...this should be cause for celebration yet you are approaching it from (what I perceive as) a stance of hostility, maybe even aversion.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what's your point? we the people pulled a fast one on the ATF for a change...this should be cause for celebration yet you are approaching it from (what I perceive as) a stance of hostility, maybe even aversion.

Yes we pulled a fast one so we should not be whining when the ATF figured it out and slapped us down. Seriously sometimes some of the people going on about things like this sound like spoiled children throwing a temper tantrum.

Someone tried something, it worked until others got the brilliant idea to show off how they got around the ATF. The ATF saw it and slapped them down. You folks should be mad at the idiots that went on U-tube and showed how it could be used as a stock. Personally if I had something the law might find questionable, I sure as hell would not be crowing about it online.

But, but, the Constitution. Sorry folks but you get 100 different lawyers, you will get 100 different opinions on what the Constitution means.

Latest posts

Top Bottom