BREAKING NEWS: Gary England Leaving News 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just couldn't watch Gary England the last few years...he was way past when he should have retired. He was reading the weather like that's the first time he'd ever heard of what he was reading. It was painfully obvious someone else was doing all the work and Gary was just reading it on air. He's definitely making the right choice leaving for something managerial. I'm surprised David Payne would change stations since KFOR has been the top station for a long, long time, they must have offered him some pretty sweet perks to switch to a lower rated network. Personally I wish KFOR would get rid of that Kent Ogre or whichever Ogre he is, that pasty giant gives me the creeps. He seems like the kind of guy who has some kind of sick shrine hidden in his house where he does horrible things to babies.

While I agree that Kent is a weird dude, I don't see that KFOR has been the top station for a long time, or did you mean that they have NOT been the top station for a long time.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not watched much of David Payne since he left KFOR. I figured he got tired of being second fiddle to Mike Morgan and went for greener pastures. Hope it works out for him. I actually like the guys sense of humor on air.
Never have like Gary England much.

Now Emily Sutton can give me the weather anytime...anytime at all...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see that KFOR has been the top station for a long time, or did you mean that they have NOT been the top station for a long time.

KFOR and KWTV seem to go back and forth pretty much every few sweeps periods. If I remember right, KFOR is slightly trailing KWTV right now morning, noon, and night, but all you have to do is wait a few months for it to change.

For the May 20 tornado, KFOR pulled a 22.1 to a 20.3 in the 2:15PM-5PM slot. They also pulled a 26.7 to 24.8 in the 5PM-6PM slot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Gary go.

It wasn't turning out good for me playing the Gary England Drinking game in the spring storm season. Stayed drunk most of the time......

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
KFOR and KWTV seem to go back and forth pretty much every few sweeps periods. If I remember right, KFOR is slightly trailing KWTV right now morning, noon, and night, but all you have to do is wait a few months for it to change.

For the May 20 tornado, KFOR pulled a 22.1 to a 20.3 in the 2:15PM-5PM slot. They also pulled a 26.7 to 24.8 in the 5PM-6PM slot.

IMHO, the reason KWTV didnt do as well is due to David Payne. At least it was for why I quit watching KWTV and started flipping around for some less dramatic coverage.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought Gary England was the weatherman before TV was invented. ;-)

I grew up on OKC TV so we spent a lot of night hearing, "Stay with TV 9; we'll keep you advised."

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The credibility of the weather forecasting on news9 has dropped by 90%.

Going to miss Gary. Always nice to have a calm, rational voice on air during bad weather. Also loved his suspicion of all the global warming bull crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom