BREAKING NEWS: Gary England Leaving News 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
congrats to Gary!! figured David would be his replacement when he switched.

...I'll watch Damon or Emily. Don't care for David or Mike, too much drama for me..

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The headline on this thread is wrong--he's not leaving News9, he's just taking on a different role. He'll have a weekly bit, but he'll no longer to be doing the daily weather at 6 and 10.

And a lot of the complaints I've heard about him certainly didn't apply this last season--he was the voice of calm and reason, particularly during that May 31st outbreak. He was the one telling the chasers "we know where the tornado is, get away from it" and telling Michael Armstrong "nobody knows what you're talking about" when he got too technical.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks are giving Payne a hard time, but I'll give him a chance. If yall remember, back in the 70's-80's, Gary wasn't as calm and collected as he is now.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can i get a woot woot for miss emily???!!!

She's cute, but what about Brittany Jeffers of Fox 23 News here in Tulsa? Not a weather person, but...

[Broken External Image]

And here she is during the Miss America pageant in 2009:

www3.pictures.zimbio.com_gi_2010_Miss_America_Pageant_Preliminary_Competition_TNzbRUBYRWhl.jpg

Pity she's married.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks are giving Payne a hard time, but I'll give him a chance. If yall remember, back in the 70's-80's, Gary wasn't as calm and collected as he is now.

That's the truth. I used to like Jim Williams, of course that was when they did the forecast themselves and not just repeat the NWS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom