BREAKING NEWS: Gary England Leaving News 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The headline on this thread is wrong--he's not leaving News9, he's just taking on a different role. He'll have a weekly bit, but he'll no longer to be doing the daily weather at 6 and 10.

It is accurate and copied from someone who works for News9/NewsOn6. News9 is a separate entity than Griffin.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The headline on this thread is wrong--he's not leaving News9, he's just taking on a different role. He'll have a weekly bit, but he'll no longer to be doing the daily weather at 6 and 10.

And a lot of the complaints I've heard about him certainly didn't apply this last season--he was the voice of calm and reason, particularly during that May 31st outbreak. He was the one telling the chasers "we know where the tornado is, get away from it" and telling Michael Armstrong "nobody knows what you're talking about" when he got too technical.

Your point is valid but I for one was kind of cussing him on 5/31. I was outside watching for it and wanting the cross street to gage how long I had to hit the cellar. He was calling out cross streets that weren't cross streets but ones that ran parallel to each other. :disappoin

That never used to happen with Gary. I still think he's technically as sharp as he's ever been, just not as "fast" with all the background activity he has going on during something like that. I'm hoping that his new position will put channel 9 clearly back out in front like they used to be.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. Just seemed like a normal person with normal people. Seemed like a cool down to earth chick for the 15 minutes I saw her.

You sure saw her for a while :wink2: Reminds me of the time when I first started riding a bike on the eastern portion of the Riverparks Trail in Tulsa; I came to a long incline and started fast up that, but couldn't maintain my momentum and had to start pedaling. There was a lovely woman with a rather comely backside clad in lycra jogging up the hill, and as luck would have it, I lost steam right behind her. I didn't have the energy to pass her, so for a few moments I pedaled along behind her, gasping and panting, while she looked repeatedly over her shoulder. Finally she moved off the trail and stopped, giving me a funny look as I inched on past her. I've wondered what was going through her mind at that time.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sure saw her for a while :wink2: Reminds me of the time when I first started riding a bike on the eastern portion of the Riverparks Trail in Tulsa; I came to a long incline and started fast up that, but couldn't maintain my momentum and had to start pedaling. There was a lovely woman with a rather comely backside clad in lycra jogging up the hill, and as luck would have it, I lost steam right behind her. I didn't have the energy to pass her, so for a few moments I pedaled along behind her, gasping and panting, while she looked repeatedly over her shoulder. Finally she moved off the trail and stopped, giving me a funny look as I inched on past her. I've wondered what was going through her mind at that time.

Maybe she wanted a turn to glance at your comely backside clad in lycra?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom