Brief Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Review - 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that's an honest question, I carry a Glock 19 regularly too. A lot of people do. Just have to be willing to wear looser shirts and a belt that holds the gun up (and therefore the pants too).

really? im looking into getting my ccw pretty soon and i already bought the xd9 compact. i figured it would be to big to carry. im 5'5 165lb..athletic build.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
really? im looking into getting my ccw pretty soon and i already bought the xd9 compact. i figured it would be to big to carry. im 5'5 165lb..athletic build.

With the right belt, holster, and attire, you should be able to conceal carry just about any compact size to subcompact size handgun easily.

Honestly, I think an athletic build makes it easier to conceal a handgun because your shirt will hang further away from your waist - better concealing your sidearm. Dark clothing and like JP said, loosely flowing clothing (like button up shirts) that won't bunch up (unlike tight T-shirts) are ideal.

A dark button up short sleeve shirt or dark, loosely fitted polo would definitely allow you to carry that xd9 compact with the right belt/holster combo.

I see you're in the city. Give me a buzz some weekend once you have your CCL, and you can check out my Phantom/G19 combo and see what you think of it. If you can conceal that on your person, you should be able to conceal the xd9 compact. ;)

mattx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the right belt, holster, and attire, you should be able to conceal carry just about any compact size to subcompact size handgun easily.

Honestly, I think an athletic build makes it easier to conceal a handgun because your shirt will hang further away from your waist - better concealing your sidearm. Dark clothing and like JP said, loosely flowing clothing (like button up shirts) that won't bunch up (unlike tight T-shirts) are ideal.

A dark button up short sleeve shirt or dark, loosely fitted polo would definitely allow you to carry that xd9 compact with the right belt/holster combo.

I see you're in the city. Give me a buzz some weekend once you have your CCL, and you can check out my Phantom/G19 combo and see what you think of it. If you can conceal that on your person, you should be able to conceal the xd9 compact. ;)

you just made my day. i thought i was going to have to sell my compact and look for a sc..and end up loosing money on the deal. thanks again :D

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
JP, I didn't realize Comptac offered loop options. I'll have to order some for the CTAC I have.

Mattx, I carry a G19 in a KD IWB Cochise holster at 3:30-4 (just behind the hip). I have a Ruger GP100 3" that I carry in a cheap nylon Uncle Mikes IWB at 2. I also have a Commander sized 1911 (Kimber Compact 4") that I carry either 2 or 3:30-4 in a Don Hum IWB. I can hide any of those under a size "Large" tshirt. I am 6'1" and 180lbs. You'd be surprised what you can conceal.

I carry this to church under a suit jacket no problems.
ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_IMG_2601_Small.jpg

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they make this holster in a tuckable?

The RCS Phantom comes with OWB loops, but you can order attachments depending upon preference.

The kydex hooks that you see on mine are tuckable. If I wanted something even less noticeable, they also have the behind the belt velcro option, which is something that I may get once my beltmen belt comes in.

So yes, it can be tuckable. Just depends on which belt hook/loop/J clip/C clip/etc attachment you choose to use. That is one of the great things about the platform - many options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom