Brownell's BRN-180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have been trying to decide on a new AR upper for awhile and Brownell's has just come out with this one. It is really tempting but not for $800.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...-prod122861.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=BROWNELLS
e61f753c7e0f92e6a14f053b8ef0e070.jpg

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Solution to a problem that does not exist
It's not about a solution to anything. Brownell's has a line of retro rifles and this is their version of the AR 180 that works on a regular AR15 lower.

There are a lot of things that are produced and that people purchase that aren't a solution to any particular problem. No need to be snarky about it.

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not about a solution to anything. Brownell's has a line of retro rifles and this is their version of the AR 180 that works on a regular AR15 lower.

There are a lot of things that are produced and that people purchase that aren't a solution to any particular problem. No need to be snarky about it.

It is terribly overpriced though.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
It is terribly overpriced though.
I agree. As I stated in my original post. It's tempting but not at $800.

Maybe it will prove to be a reliable, smooth, flat shooting option that allows a folding stock or none at all and is lighter than a regular upper, that eventually comes down in price. :)

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe it will prove to be a reliable smooth shooting option that allows a folding stock or none at all and is lighter than a regular upper, that eventually comes down in price. :)

True dat! If they blew them out at $400-$450, I'd probably pick one up for a true folding stock setup. :)

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having owned a couple English built 180's I can tell you I sure would not want one back. Now my FNC I would love to still have or ever my Beretta but was glad to get rid of the AR180 kinda like it was built by drunks late night in an auto shop.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maybe it will prove to be a reliable, smooth, flat shooting option that allows a folding stock or none at all and is lighter than a regular upper, that eventually comes down in price. :)
It all about numbers. If it takes off and gets a lot of orders, that price might come down. I say might because it was made by PWS which make damn good rifles but are pricey. They're prices usually include bells and whistles such as ambi everything that you dont have the option to, not, get. Only time will tell

I dont see it replacing AR15s though

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having owned a couple English built 180's I can tell you I sure would not want one back. Now my FNC I would love to still have or ever my Beretta but was glad to get rid of the AR180 kinda like it was built by drunks late night in an auto shop.
Youre comparing apples to oranges. AR180 fans knows that of all the AR180s produced, the Sterlings were the worst of the bunch. The Armilites and Japanese manufactured ones are STELLAR performers and HIGHLY sought after by collectors. Sterlings, only by those that cant afford the other two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom