Browning A5 and clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the wife shot it and it ran perfectly, I put 3 more shells in it and it failed to eject the 1st one just like before.... so I had to think, what is it she could be doing that I must not be? Turns out I wasn’t pulling it into my shoulder enough, it probably didn’t hurt that I cleaned and lubed it too.
I've always heard the Browning A5 needs to be tight in your shoulder to recoil against.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is that the one below which has brand new springs throughout the entire gun will not run Winchester low recoil slugs or Federal Flight Control 1145 FPS buck loads unless it's set for light loads. Both of those loads are 1oz and it has ran them set that way but not enough that I trust it just yet. Set for heavy loads and stoked with #1 buck full power loads currently. It runs 1145 FPS Win AA bird loads all day long but those are 1 1/8 oz shot loads.

IMG_6126 copy.jpg
IMG_6127 copy.jpg

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is that the one below which has brand new springs throughout the entire gun will not run Winchester low recoil slugs or Federal Flight Control 1145 FPS buck loads unless it's set for light loads. Both of those loads are 1oz and it has ran them set that way but not enough that I trust it just yet. Set for heavy loads and stoked with #1 buck full power loads currently. It runs 1145 FPS Win AA bird loads all day long but those are 1 1/8 oz shot loads.

View attachment 216781View attachment 216784
I just reread your thread about that gun. By the way, is there any chance I might be able to convince you to use that fancy screwdriver set ya got on my clone?

Latest posts

Top Bottom