Browning DuraTouch class action settlement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a couple of Browning Maxus shotguns I purchased for duck hunting. Haven't been in a couple of years. Went to the safe to see if they required any cleaning or maintenance and both were a sticky mess. Google the issue and was prompted to contact Browning to return for stripping and re-coating.

Any body else returned theirs and what were the results,?
Jamie

OKXD

Marksman
Reaction score
They did a great job on my BPS 10 gauge!

No hassle, but it did take sometime to get it back. Not a big deal as I was not in a hurry.

Attachments

• 20190403_160341.jpg
    20190403_160341.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 57

OKXD

Marksman
Reaction score
The dura-touch coating gets super sticky. Browning will strip the gun and recoat the gun.

They will do it in what ever Camo is available at this time.

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
waht was the issue
The original DuraTouch/DuraCoat became sticky, and eventually will begin peeling off. Class action says they will strip and re-coat with new coating. May take several months to get guns back from what I hear.
Jamie

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea this was an issue. I had not had my Browning Cynergy out of storage in a long time. After reading your posts, I checked mine this morning. It is sticky. More sticky than it should be. Thank you for posting this. I am going to try and have Browning take care of this. I am the original owner and have only had it out one day to try it out.
Terry

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad it helped. From what I have heard and read, the stickiness is just the first stage. I have seen some of the coatings peeling off in large chunks and others in tiny pieces.

Browning will have you fill out a claim form and send you a "pre-paid" UPS shipping label to send it in. Very easy.
Jamie

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed on the Maxis II for the SBE3 BEST. Not because of this issue, but the SBE3 fit me better. The Maxis II was a slick gun though.

Are they affected by this as well? The finished "felt" different. Not in a bad or good way, just different.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad it helped. From what I have heard and read, the stickiness is just the first stage. I have seen some of the coatings peeling off in large chunks and others in tiny pieces.

Browning will have you fill out a claim form and send you a "pre-paid" UPS shipping label to send it in. Very easy.
Jamienks
My Cynergy is on its way to Browning. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom