Browning DuraTouch class action settlement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure about the Benelli's, just have had first hand experience with the Browning's. Let everyone know if other Mfg's are also affected.
Jamie

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to hit this one with the paddles and bring it back to life.

Anyone else have Browning rework or replace the furniture on a DuraTouch firearm? What did you think of the results?

I wasn’t going to send mine in, cause I mean really, how bad could it be? You’d have to experience it to believe it. The shotgun was unusable. It was that bad. I received the service tracking email last night. They’ve received it and it’s waiting to be processed and repaired.

I guess they’ll ship it right back to my door since it isn’t a transfer. That makes me a little nervous.

Anyone else traveled this same road?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I painted a guitar black and a clear coat of soft feel paint my son ordered.
Sure enough felt soft like silk.
After a few years it got clammy or sticky and had to strip it down.

I wonder if the same process was used on the Brownings.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I painted a guitar black and a clear coat of soft feel paint my son ordered.
Sure enough felt soft like silk.
After a few years it got clammy or sticky and had to strip it down.

I wonder if the same process was used on the Brownings.

I’m certain I don’t know, but it got progressively worse to the point the gun was unusable.

I was on a group trip with some folks that had a shotgun identical to mine. It was no longer black. It was brown from the coating of dirt that was stuck to it. I told them about the class action and they’d never heard about it. I wonder how many out there are just living with the issue best they can. When I wrapped mine in shipping paper the paper stuck and when I tried to reposition the paper it shredded and left a layer on the stock. It was that sticky. Geez, what a mess.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's nasty.
Only browning I have is my Auto 5 12 gauge from 1924 in wood of course.
I hope none of my plastic guns ever get sticky.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a winchester sx3 in duratouch that is sticky. And it's bad as well. I haven't wanted to send it off for half a year and it's 10 years old so I have attempted some solvents short of brake cleaner and I haven't had luck getting the original off. Eventually, I've wrapped the stock and forearm in camo cloth tape. Initial results are good, probably have to super glue some edges but my hunting shotgun is usable again.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a winchester sx3 in duratouch that is sticky. And it's bad as well. I haven't wanted to send it off for half a year and it's 10 years old so I have attempted some solvents short of brake cleaner and I haven't had luck getting the original off. Eventually, I've wrapped the stock and forearm in camo cloth tape. Initial results are good, probably have to super glue some edges but my hunting shotgun is usable again.

They told me 6-8 weeks on a black stock. Mine is black. Cammo takes a little longer and they may not be able to match the original cammo patrern.

The email I got back had a link for Winchester in addition to the link for the Browning. Pick a time and get with them and send it in. Mine got unusable. It was that bad.

I have a feeling I’m going to get hard, slick plastic furniture back. Don’t care. Couldn’t shoot it the way it was.

Was hoping there were others here that could tell me what I’m gonna get back.

Cdubya

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They told me 6-8 weeks on a black stock. Mine is black. Cammo takes a little longer and they may not be able to match the original cammo patrern.

The email I got back had a link for Winchester in addition to the link for the Browning. Pick a time and get with them and send it in. Mine got unusable. It was that bad.

I have a feeling I’m going to get hard, slick plastic furniture back. Don’t care. Couldn’t shoot it the way it was.

Mine is in discontinued mossy oak duck blind. I've thought about it, might still do it.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I checked the service tracking website this morning and it says it's finished and has been shipped back to me.

They got it on the 10th and shipped it back on the 17th. That is pretty quick.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked the service tracking website this morning and it says it's finished and has been shipped back to me.

They got it on the 10th and shipped it back on the 17th. That is pretty quick.

I received it this morning. It’s as fantastic as a black composite stock & forearm can be. Looks great. Fit is more than perfect, if that’s such a thing, and it’s not even a little bit sticky. Seriously, it had a little gap where the stock meets the receiver, and that’s gone, so in summary, it looks better than it did and it’s usable.

If you’ve got a DuraTouch issue, send it back and get it fixed. Don’t wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom