Browns star Garrett facing NFL discipline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but Rudolph was beating on/pulling on Garrett’s helmet while they were on the ground after the whistle...still doesn’t excuse Garrett though
When he was driven into the ground, looks like his hand got stuck under Garret’s face mask or pads and he was lifting his helmet to free his hand. That is speculation though. either way, it was a response to being driven into the ground which is a penalty to do to a qb. The bigger thing Mason should not have done was chase after Garrett to get his helmet back and yell at him. That’s what triggered Garret to swing.
As you said, doesn’t warrant assault, but was a dumb move for a qb.
It’ll be interesting to see if any charges come of it. I doubt they will, but under Cleveland law, that is felonious assault as the helmet is considered a weapon.

it was a bad look on both teams. I’m just glad mason didn’t get cracked in the temple and die on the field. Could have happened with a 6lb helmet being swung by a big dude like Garrett.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rudolph wasn't driven into the ground, he was bear hugged and taken down, then he got pissed off.
No excuse for Garrett.

It's a 15 yard penalty and the flags should have come out way before they did, and there's 8 seconds left in a 14 point game and Pittsburgh was backed up against their own endzone.

Garrett is a bush league piece of ****.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baker took the high road. "Inexcusable."

He should be banned for life from football.

Pouncy got some haymakers in on him.

Wife told me this morning the electronic gaming industry made more than NFL football this year.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baker took the high road. "Inexcusable."

He should be banned for life from football.

Pouncy got some haymakers in on him.

Wife told me this morning the electronic gaming industry made more than NFL football this year.

Electronic gaming has been blowing away other markets for awhile. In 2018 they made more than the film industry did in worldwide box office. That’s nuts...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez
Rudolph returned only recently from a 2 week concussion protocol when he was knocked out cold in the game against the ravens.
Doctors said he had suffered lower brain stem damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom