Browsing through the classifieds is like...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I know I’m not supposed to hammer people for their horrible listings, but the comment box is just so tempting.
If there's something good to say and encourage a sale, I don't think people mind.
But if you have to write something because you can't help yourself, say "Nice!" or "GLWS". It helps with self-discipline and buffoonery control.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, but his mini14 is 223 ManBun too so...

E9B30041-E99C-4F69-8424-79BEEED47772.jpeg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an example, I have $1600 invested in a firearm. Normal used resale value for the item is $1200. If I ask $1000 in order to facilitate a quick cash sale, why would want to take a lesser valued trade? So I can flip it for less money while taking on all of the risk?

Every time that I list something for sale on OSA, (for less than the going rate) I'll receive multiple trade offers from individuals with a used firearm and accessories that wants 100% of their original purchase price for the new firearm and new accessories. Their reasoning? They have the same amount invested in their trade fodder as I am selling my firearm at a reduced cash price. In actuality, their item is worth half of what they are trying to trade for. Having a higher trade value wouldn't be a thing if people could objectively and fairly value their trade items.
Trade value is only an amount in the minds of the two parties, and they will seldom agree. A similar comparison could be trade-in value of a vehicle.

But posting a sales price of $xx.xx, and a trade value of $xx.xx + y makes no sense.