Buchanan gun shows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
127082C7-76F8-4237-A883-395C8E8FA07D.png

I'm thinking about making the 4 hour drive to go to this gunshow. Does anyone know about these shows? Are they any good? I mean are they worth a 4 hour drive? Are the dealers asshats? What’s admission? You know... the basics. Thanks in advance.

Mike

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a few times. Nice venue, admission is $5 and that includes the flea market upstairs. Still a small show but growing each time I have been there. I don't think I would make a 4 hour drive if that was the only reason.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a few times. Nice venue, admission is $5 and that includes the flea market upstairs. Still a small show but growing each time I have been there. I don't think I would make a 4 hour drive if that was the only reason.

Gotcha. Thanks sir. Are there eve any deals to be had? Can a brother do a little trading?

What’s a better show then?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were a few pretty good deals to be had each time I was there. The dealers I talked to seemed pleased with the activity. OKC is still overloaded with shows, but it's still enjoyable to walk around and see new and old things. And some of the dealers are enjoyable talkers also.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to say any of the shows are worth a 4 hour drive, with the exception of Wanenmacher. It's just such a world unto its own, you have to see it at least once. I'm fortunate enough to be only 30 minutes from the Tulsa shows, so I go just for the fun to many of the "other" shows.

It seems to me there are so many shows, few of the dealers have any pressure to sell inventory; they'll just wait another week and try to sell it at the next show. No more "It's Sunday afternoon, why don't you make me a good/reasonable deal on that thingy rather than sit on it the next six months?".

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the shows. I do think their over priced to get in, but I get to see some eye candy and be around like minded people. I have never went and not been able to find a deal. Some people on here have nothing but bad things to say about them, I'm not one of them. However I don't think I would drive 4hrs just to come to the gun show. If you are coming this way anyway, then I say go.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe worth a 30 minute drive just to have something to do.The wanenmacher is a little over a 3 hour drive for me and I only make it in the fall anymore.When I lived in Tulsa it was about 15 minutes from me.I don't think I missed one in 33 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom