Buck Mark barrel removal help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a new Buck Mark Micro Bull to use as a silencer host. The takedown screw cannot be removed with a 7/64 Hex like my other Buck Mark. I've Googled and searched rimfirecentral.com and found a few threads discussing the problem.

Online discussions ranged from "I called Browning and they said do not remove the barrel" to slightly modifying a 3mm Hex and heat the screw if necessary.

I will pick up a 3mm hex and give that go unless anyone here knows a better choice or has experience with the same issue.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They used red thread lock on the set screw!! Heat it with a soldering iron!!
Heating may be necessary but is a separate issue. First I have to have a tool that can remove the screw. I've read that Browning may have used thread lock but also read that they use a copper anti seize. Mine looks like copper.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes your right it is copper!! Been a while since I took my sons pistol down for a good cleaning!

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very happy to report that the barrel is off. Filed a 3mm Hex tool just enough remove the black coating. 10 seconds later the barrel was off. No bench vise or heat required.

Latest posts

Top Bottom