Buck vs Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from picking up wife and her friend south of Ponca City near Sooner Power Plant on 177 after hitting a buck deer.
Nobody injured but the deer thankfully. Just shook up.
They did want me to check on the condition of the deer so we drove in the ditch headlighting the ditch. Saw the buck on the other side of the fence moving with its back legs down. Called the Perry GW and gave a voicemail report with location before getting the ladies loaded up and back to town.
I will say if that buck were legally taken, it would be on my wall.
81C2D5E3-88EE-47A7-8EAD-020605D9A803.jpeg
D4DCB81F-CD8D-4628-B168-26B9EEBB22F9.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad everyone is OK. It seems that one lesson that got through to my daughter when she was learning to drive was to really be on the lookout for deer this time of year AND, if you see one, you'd better be watching for more to follow!

ETA: KNOCK ON WOOD!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad they are ok. But no pics of the buck? I used to have a stand that I could see the power plant from.
After impact, the buck made 40 yds and actually crossed the fence before laying down. I arrived 25 minutes later. When I spotted the deer in the headlights, he got up dragging its back legs moving South.
Didn’t want to push it any further. Figured it would lay down and expire. Called the GW and gave the location so hopefully he went out there this morning to check on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom