Buck vs Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife was actually the passenger. It wasn’t our vehicle.
UPDATE: Went back to the scene about 11:30. Drove to high ground and scoped the pasture for half an hour. Probably hip high native grass. Seeing nothing, started walking toward low ground to get a different angle. He jumped up, staggered about 20 yds right leg broken and dangling and went back down.
Called the GW again asking what the options were with this new information.
He pretty much said since it survived the night and was able to still move he would advise giving Mother Nature the final decision on its fate.
He did say he would go and make a personal observation so I sent him pics of the exact location. GW texted me later saying it was still up and aware of its surroundings so he was going to leave it at that because he could survive.
I was good with that. Case closed.
36AE3C97-DF29-4EB2-BD8E-5097B3E1E726.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you and mama are alright Dennis........deer can really put a hurt on a vehicle.

I've hit deer twice in pickups one was down by Hartshorne and the other up around Dover.........luckily from my wallets standpoint both times I was driving company vehicles, it took out the radiator on both trucks.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you have good insurance, because I was shocked at what it cost to fix the “cosmetic” damage on my wife’s Honda CRV after a deer hit her.:ooh2:
The main issue wife’s friend found out today is that the broken supply chain will have her parts possibly weeks if not months to trickle in. She does have a rental policy in the event of a situation like this but rentals are really difficult to find now we hear.
We may loan her one of ours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom