Budget 9mm AR Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's starting to sound like if I go the "budget" route it might not be reliable.

I'm beginning to remember why I've never decided to build one. :D

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, may just be too cautious… but it’s a thing. Some vendors rate their triggers for it, others have special ones. I have no idea if it’s a real risk.

pewpew briefly talks about it. 5 Best Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) Triggers
I’m running a 3.5 lb Rise flat face and have been in AR9’s for several years and this is litterally the first I’m hearing about this. Interesting.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m running a 3.5 lb Rise flat face and have been in AR9’s for several years and this is litterally the first I’m hearing about this. Interesting.
Reading more last night, it seems to be which 9mm bolt carrier group is used, unlike what pew pew was saying.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm itching to build another AR. For some reason all of a sudden a 9mm AR sounds like a good idea.

I have a couple of stripped lowers and a couple of LaRue MBT triggers laying around but I need the rest of the parts.

I'm thinking of getting something like this for an upper. What do ya'll think?

https://www.primaryarms.com/fm-products-16in-9mm-complete-upper-with-brake
I know there are different options for the lower as far as mag adaptors. I want to be able to use Glock mags I guess. Any suggestions as far as lower set ups go?

Thanks!
I've got a Sylvan Arms mag adaptor that works with Glock mags that I'd sell if you decide to go that route.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just in case someone is looking for a deal...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/pa-...1-10-7-lightweight-m-lok-moe-sba3-pistol.html
Thanks @El Pablo for the link!

1642199149472.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom