Budget Long Range Rifle and Scope Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at these rifles mentioned.

Looks like it is almost unanimous on Vortex. I have some of their binoculars and a spotting scope.

Yeah I don't consider what I said exactly budget but I know a guy that dropped 10k on a setup recently and yeah I can't do that.

Thank you

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted the same and was short on cash so did some trading. Traded a Tikka CTR 308 I had for a Remington Sendero in 300 win mag. Bedded it, put a new Timney trigger in and added a bipod. Traded a nice AR-10 I had but didn't really shoot much for a US Optics LR-17 3.2-17x44. I've only shot out to 200 yards but it's coming along nice and have around $2500 into it. There's a lot of good deals on used rifles and scopes out there that will make a nice 1000 yard gun.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All EXCELLENT suggestions. A couple others to look at are the Burris XTR II, and the Sig Sauer Tango4. I’ve had my feet in long range for a little while and have have a number of scopes. The two I mentioned are the best bang for the buck that I’ve found.

For what it’s worth I only shoot to about 1100 yards. If you desire to go further I would recommend the next tier up.

All the above rifle recommendations are great. I would be comfortable with any of those.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to toss in AR10 platforms. I have an aero precision M5E1 308 with a hanson profile heavy barrel that drives tacs at 200 meters and hammers at to 400 meters. I have not had the opportunity to shoot out past 400 meters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom