Budweiser in excess of 3.2% coming to Oklahoma liquor stores!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago, Coors was only distributed in the southwest for some reason.
I was going to visit a girfren in Florida, and she asked me to bring her dad a sixpack of Coors.
I knew right then it wasn't gonna work.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago, Coors was only distributed in the southwest for some reason.
I was going to visit a girfren in Florida, and she asked me to bring her dad a sixpack of Coors.
I knew right then it wasn't gonna work.

Unlike most U.S. beers, Coors contains no preservatives or stabilizers and is not pasteurized; if left unrefrigerated and allowed to get warm, it will spoil in a week. It is probably the only beer that is kept cold from the brewery to the customer.

They would not ship if there was no logistical way to get it to a location without preserving its coolness. Hence Smokey and the Bandit(a long way to go and a short time to get there).....

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soonerborn...you're telling me I can't tell a difference??! You are remiss, sir.

Just like I can't tell a difference between Jack Daniels, George Dickel, Maker's Mark, Fighting Cock, Jim Beam and others? Horse apples!!

I may not be able to tell you the brand on beer, whiskey, and bourbon but I can tell a difference in taste and with beer the slight difference between convenience store beer and liquor store beer.

How about a wager...at McNellies some night... $50 bucks sound okay??

Edit..I don't, won't, and can't do Scotch..I concede, no-contest.

Double edit....or Pearl beer...horrible stuff..had to give the rest of the case to my 78 year old mother-inlaw...she'll drink anything...Keystone Light is her favorite..24 a week..their best customer.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soonerborn...you're telling me I can't tell a difference??! You are remiss, sir.

Just like I can't tell a difference between Jack Daniels, George Dickel, Maker's Mark, Fighting Cock, Jim Beam and others? Horse apples!!

I may not be able to tell you the brand on beer, whiskey, and bourbon but I can tell a difference in taste and with beer the slight difference between convenience store beer and liquor store beer.

How about a wager...at McNellies some night... $50 bucks sound okay??

Edit..I don't, won't, and can't do Scotch..I concede, no-contest.

Lol

That's not apples to apples. We are talking the same beer with .7% less alcohol than its counterpart by weight. Big difference in comparing the taste between good, great and **** brands of liquor; therefore, you are remiss.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I had a real Bud, I was 14, and with a bunch of my cousins on the beach (Huntington Beach) in So.Cal.

I was handed a Bud and I hesitated..I wanted one of those Dos Equis..oh yea!! I tapped the Bud and couldn't believe what I was tasting...d@mn good!! Being a dumb 14 year old I stupidly stated how California beer tasted better than Oklahoma beer.

That's when I learned the differences in percentages. That Bud had a wonderful creamy taste, not like the hay hauling sh! T my grandad was keeping in an ice chest.

Meet up with me at Mcnellies some time..I'll buy you a Duvel...we'll tour Belgium and finish with Checzlosovakian beer!! I might be able to scrounge up some Pliny the Elder or Dogfish Head...who knows?? 120IPA??

Throw in a few Schlitz in the mix also!!!

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol

That's not apples to apples. We are talking the same beer with .7% less alcohol than its counterpart by weight. Big difference in comparing the taste between good, great and **** brands of liquor; therefore, you are remiss.

The difference in whole milk and 2% is just over 1% fat......and i can tell the difference in that too. I think it may have more to do with regularity. If you consume the same thing over and over for years and then you try the other, the difference is more noticeable.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I had a real Bud, I was 14, and with a bunch of my cousins on the beach (Huntington Beach) in So.Cal.

I was handed a Bud and I hesitated..I wanted one of those Dos Equis..oh yea!! I tapped the Bud and couldn't believe what I was tasting...d@mn good!! Being a dumb 14 year old I stupidly stated how California beer tasted better than Oklahoma beer.

That's when I learned the differences in percentages. That Bud had a wonderful creamy taste, not like the hay hauling sh! T my grandad was keeping in an ice chest.

Meet up with me at Mcnellies some time..I'll buy you a Duvel...we'll tour Belgium and finish with Checzlosovakian beer!! I might be able to scrounge up some Pliny the Elder or Dogfish Head...who knows?? 120IPA??

Throw in a few Schlitz in the mix also!!!

Hahaha. I'll take you up on that! I'll give you a shout one of these days.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.qkme.me_3vrv56.jpg

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference in whole milk and 2% is just over 1% fat......and i can tell the difference in that too. I think it may have more to do with regularity. If you consume the same thing over and over for years and then you try the other, the difference is more noticeable.

Perhaps. It could have to do with you knowing exactly what you are consuming as well. The only true way to test a palate is blindly. Everyone is prejudiced regarding preference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom