Buffalo Bore 9 mm +P+

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might not have the right name. It's that shop real close to Holiday Inn Express on West Garriot.

I believe he's talking about Bill's

Oh, OK! Now I got it! Yeah, Bill's Outdoor Sports. Now that I think about it, I can see where you got that name, what with those big signs over the entryway and all! They must have extended their "last day" and "found" some more stock. Their last day was supposed to be July 27th. I was in there two or three days prior to that, and they had ZERO 9mm ammo left. Some more must have magically appeared. I wish I could have gotten in on some of that!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For cheap...its fun to have. I'm not sure what good some of the Buffalo Bore is though.
I've got a few boxes of the .380 hard cast which arent any good for self defense as they get something like 40" of penetration and no expansion....and dont carry enough mass for any real hunting....and its a waste to just target shoot with them....so they just sit :D

"The results: extreme overpenetration. The standard pressure round went 41″ into the gelatin and +P traveled 45″. That’s a lot of overpenetration. Consider that for personal defense against humans, the prevailing standards call for a maximum penetration of 18″. Any further than 18″ is considered overpenetration. These Buffalo Bore rounds went nearly four feet.

The hardcast bullets looked great and had no deformation. The ammo performed fine from the gun. I have no complaints about that. It’s just … well… what are you going to do with a round like this? Consider that a standard roundnose FMJ like Remington UMC will penetrate about 23″ from a pocket
pistol. That’s already garden variety overpenetration, but these +P rounds went literally twice as far. Even a flatnose Winchester FMJ went only 27″

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For cheap...its fun to have. I'm not sure what good some of the Buffalo Bore is though.
I've got a few boxes of the .380 hard cast which arent any good for self defense as they get something like 40" of penetration and no expansion....and dont carry enough mass for any real hunting....and its a waste to just target shoot with them....so they just sit :D

"The results: extreme overpenetration. The standard pressure round went 41″ into the gelatin and +P traveled 45″. That’s a lot of overpenetration. Consider that for personal defense against humans, the prevailing standards call for a maximum penetration of 18″. Any further than 18″ is considered overpenetration. These Buffalo Bore rounds went nearly four feet.

The hardcast bullets looked great and had no deformation. The ammo performed fine from the gun. I have no complaints about that. It’s just … well… what are you going to do with a round like this? Consider that a standard roundnose FMJ like Remington UMC will penetrate about 23″ from a pocket
pistol. That’s already garden variety overpenetration, but these +P rounds went literally twice as far. Even a flatnose Winchester FMJ went only 27″
Would the ammo I got do this, do you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom