Buffalo's Outdoors: North American Arms 22 Short MINI REVOLVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I first seriously thought about posting this on the ‘Stupid Stuff’ forum but finally decided to post it here.

North American Arms 22s MINI REVOLVER

Buffalo's Outdoors​

Nov 15, 2021

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mines more of a novelty. It’s the LR version with the folding grip/clip. It takes quite a bit of pull on the trigger. The first time I shot it, I had a full sized silhouette target. I walked up and looked at the chest area. My first thought was that I missed completely. Then I notice about a four inch group right in the crotch area. The folding grips really made a difference on stabilizing the gun while firing.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a .22 mag version and really like it. I drop it in my pocket when wearing shorts, or when I can't carry other pistols. I can hit a pie plate at 10 yards with it easily and I feel a lot more comfortable having it than nothing at all.

Last edited:

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an older (1970's?) Freedom Arms, Wyo. 'Mini' in stainless, that I believe was the 1st foray into 'modernizing' these tiny revolvers. It's marked '.22 LR', but seems to be more 'geared' towards the near extinct .22 long cartridge. Long rifles grudgingly fit (some brands better than others)- but it helps to super clean as cases are tight going in, & even tighter backing out. It's a very well machined little gun though.
I also have a North American Arms mini ('Standard' model/ short barrel/ .22 LR) that is a lot less 'finicky'. My NAA has more 'rudimentary' rifling, & the muzzle is not as 'exact' as the Freedom Arms. It, consequently, 'keyholes' (bullets tend to hit 'sidewise').
Both are fun, & I don't really consider the keyholing a big deal at such short ranges. Hell, it might even be a 'good' thing. I've offed a few large reptilians with it, so it can be handy while fishing or just walking around. With these little 'novelty' .22s I see no real purpose in getting the .22 Mag version- unless you like paying more for ammo, need more noise/muzzle blast, desire more recoil in something that's already too small to hang onto for most 3rd graders, and want your bullet speed to (maybe) increase by a small fraction.
I'd still hate to have one stuck between my eyes, or pointed at something I'm fond of...like my body parts.
Years ago; when we were young(er) & crazy(er)...& (prob'ly drunk or somethin')- I had a similar Freedom Arms, & friend volunteered to put on his leather jacket & let me shoot him. 'Hang on', I said, as I moseyed down a long hall & leaned about a 2 1/2" thick city phone book against a hollow core interior door. The round went clean through the book, & into one side of the door. I wagged the door back & forth so he could hear the bullet rattle around inside it.
...'Now don't ya think that'd mess up your jacket', AND your day'?.
Being a (normally) intelligent guy, & an avid 'amateur chemist'- he instantly agreed with the 'Scientific Results' of my impromptu demonstration.
Cute? Yes.
Toys? Uh uh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom