Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would to hear from everyone about what they prefer.
I have given a lot of thought to this, and it all depends on likeminded neighbors and how strong your bug out location is. How dangerous travel is as you head to your bug out location and how much stuff you need to take with you. I am bug in right now but hope to move to bug out location permanent one day…..and stay bugged out from this s$#t show

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all depends on the situation, if its short term then bug in if its going to be long term then bug out. But do have plans for either case and have supplies at both locations your planning on bugging to cause you wont be able to carry everything you will need for a long term bugout unless you have planned far enough in advance of it. And im not talking about end of the world synedrial that you cant plan on unless your doing a full time.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m prepared to bug in, but I also have supplies prepositioned in case bugging out is possible or required. My problem is that my bug out is over 400 miles away, and I have no friends or family there close enough to work with.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a tough call.
Bugging in.
Your house is not a bunker, although there are things you can do to make it more defensible.
If you don't have a network in your neighborhood (This is where I'm at being new to Bethany and the state for that matter.) Defensive action could be very difficult.
The flip side to that coin is the danger of the road isnt there.
Bugging out:
The roads will be snarled and dangerous. A fight on the street would be a disaster especially if you have children(again welcome to my worry world).
And the logistics of moving food,gear, and people is a major problem.
Then as stated above a destination is super important.
I have several other points but I don't want to write a novela on my first comment of the thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom