Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased another assortment of "25-year" food. I think the most likely scenario is "bugging in" to avoid contact with the outside world due to biological. You should read Jack Carr's "The Devils Hand". It is eye opening of the real possibilites and how small a group it would take to pull it off. or even if something like this Covid crap gets further out of hand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure you show up flying an OSA flag so we see it from a long ways off😉
I’ll be a long ways off sending in a hungry person waving that flag thinking OSA means “overstocked serious appetizers” to check out the reception through my crosshairs. :hey3::D
I love these threads.
Personally I don't believe this will ever happen nation wide, only on a regional basis per Katrina or some other natural disaster that won't actually require long treks through the wilderness fighting strange people with round leather bound aviator goggles and eye patches like on tv.
I certainly believe in keeping at least 6 months of food, generators and the fuel to maintain them for natural disasters.
At our place we have experienced 11 days without power to an ice storm, three weeks flooding where our well water supply was shut off and a host of other issues related to living in the country. We just deal with it.
My personal opinion is that some overthink it, but in reality, if one feels better making more secure preps, go for it. We are isolated where we live, but it wouldn't take much of a force to overcome our position with just the two of us living here.
We would know they are there with our security system that is isolated from common utility power, but that is all.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plan on staying home, most of what I need is here, but do have a ready pack standing buy in case of a rapid need to get out the area quick.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love these threads.
Personally I don't believe this will ever happen nation wide, only on a regional basis per Katrina or some other natural disaster that won't actually require long treks through the wilderness fighting strange people with round leather bound aviator goggles and eye patches like on tv.
I certainly believe in keeping at least 6 months of food, generators and the fuel to maintain them for natural disasters.
At our place we have experienced 11 days without power to an ice storm, three weeks flooding where our well water supply was shut off and a host of other issues related to living in the country. We just deal with it.
My personal opinion is that some overthink it, but in reality, if one feels better making more secure preps, go for it. We are isolated where we live, but it wouldn't take much of a force to overcome our position with just the two of us living here.
We would know they are there with our security system that is isolated from common utility power, but that is all.
Same here.
In reality we live (while still in a neighborhood) far enough out from Oklahoma City Metro, but still okc utilities that we have faired alright in recent years (5-6 days without power and 3 days without running water). It really isn't that hard to get along even in our area without most common era niceties if you know how to properly work through and prepare for those fairly common type of events related to Oklahoma weather. It is nice to have at least 1 back up place to head out to just in case it got bad here (like 2013 El Reno F5 sized tornado hit the OKC metro area kind of bad)

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I strongly suspect we will all see some drastic changes in the near future. How to survive what ever happens, is the question don't you think? It would be impossible to prep for every possable situation, but we all need to do some basic, common since things to prepare, don't you think? I'm old, and know just about everything, and it seems to me that the very best survival tool would be our ability to IMPROVISE, make do with what we have. If there is anything Americans are good at, it's thinking on their feet! I watched a documentary on WW2 POW's of the Japanese. They interviewed a Doctor that was capuured at Bataan in 1942 and spent almost 4 years being abused by these people. He said the American POW's could do anything, build anything, make their living conditions better, and more survivable, simply by improvising, while the Japanese soldier was so stupid they couldn't do anything but OBEY BLINDLY! If you watch the modern Communist Chinese people, military, etc. they are in BRAIN DEAD LOCK STEP, and i suspect have never been allowed to have an independent thought in their life! Cut off the head, and these morons would be just like the brain dead Japanese troops, of WW2, unable to function! Watch 60 Minutes Australia on YouTube Streaming channel, for what I think is factual news on the Communist Chinese threat to the world, one program I would recommend is titled " WAR WITH CHINA"! GOOD LUCK TO US, I predict Communist China will take Taiwan by force before the end of 2022, now that they have a PUPPET GOVERNMENT IN THIS COUNTRY, AND CONTROL WHAT WE ARE ALLOWED TO SEE, HEAR, AND THINK, BY OWNING CONTROLING INTREST IN ALL OUR NEWS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA, CORPORATIONS, I DON'T THINK WE WILL DO ANYTHING BUT TALK, TO DEFEND TIAWAN, DO YOU?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here.
In reality we live (while still in a neighborhood) far enough out from Oklahoma City Metro, but still okc utilities that we have faired alright in recent years (5-6 days without power and 3 days without running water). It really isn't that hard to get along even in our area without most common era niceties if you know how to properly work through and prepare for those fairly common type of events related to Oklahoma weather. It is nice to have at least 1 back up place to head out to just in case it got bad here (like 2013 El Reno F5 sized tornado hit the OKC metro area kind of bad)
Yep, I live in Mustang and we went 100 hours without power this last spring. We did always have water though. The worse part about that for me was no Internet for about 5 days. :)

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watch some television show 'Alone' and get an idea of what bugging out into the wilderness is like.

Been watching it since the start. Lots of good tips I hadn’t thought about before. One of my biggest take always has been the need for “fat” in your diet. Sure gave me cause to stop and think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom