Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bug in as well. On the bad side, should have prepared and moved to the country years ago. On the plus side, I probably will not be bored. I doubt many people in the cities will be getting the standard military treatment of 99% sitting around and waiting. It may get too exciting. I think I will be fine until utilities have issues. Water is my weak point.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
water is everyone's weak point: enough to drink is fairly easy.
enough to bathe, wash clothes, dishes, etc is much, much more difficult. that's where rain water and whatnot comes in. you can get those 55 gallon olive barrels online; they even have them at Atwood's now with a spigot already tapped into the bottom.

as far as bug in/out, i'm a contrarian (if ya hadn't noticed). so i'm gonna do the opposite of whatever i feel like everyone else is doing.

basically, people that own property usually own *multiple* properties. this is fine; doesn't bother me in the slightest. i understand that only one family, one person, etc can occupy, defend, and protect a physical space.

so if most people are bugging in, that means they have left the majority of their property undefended. who owns what is publicly listed, so it's *really* easy to see who owns what houses. drive past a farm house you never see anyone live in? google it. now you know. do they own other property? property they most likely actually live in, and would stay given most of their resources are there?

fine, more available space for me. that's how it's going to be. nice job buying 50 houses when you can only defend one. and hiring out security forces to defend your stuff sounds like a *real bad* idea.

what is "yours" in a societal breakdown isn't determined by deeds and ownership. it's determined by what you can defend. *most* people cannot even come close to defending their property. so i feel like a lot of property will be changing hands.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bug in as well. On the bad side, should have prepared and moved to the country years ago. On the plus side, I probably will not be bored. I doubt many people in the cities will be getting the standard military treatment of 99% sitting around and waiting. It may get too exciting. I think I will be fine until utilities have issues. Water is my weak point.
Be sure and have some of the larger water filters, then you can use most of the water that might be near by. I have quite a bit of water and a couple of rain barrels that I can put out. There are also a couple of ponds withing walking distance where I could get water and filter it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom