Bug in or Bug out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bug out is in remote New Mexico. Totally off the grid. There are fair number resourceful distant neighbors that are living off the grid.

I also have good relationships with many of the local people of Spanish and Mexican heritage, many who's families go back to
when the Spanish came up from Mexico and settled in that area. They are resourceful people. Many grew up without indoor plumbing,
electricity, air conditioning and much we take for granted. They are survivors. And they cook some awesome Mexican/Spanish food.

One of my local friend's great-grandfather was a famous outlaw that ran with Billy The Kid. His grandfather's name was José Chavez y Chavez.
There is some interesting info about him on the web. His great-grandson is everything but an outlaw - super nice person.

Here are few pictures.

1632517702583.jpeg

1632517786489.jpeg

1632517863824.jpeg

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck if zombies, put a bunch of treadmills outside the house hooked to generators. They will keep you supplied with power.

Seriously I am trying to figure out an emergency solar / wind set up to power my O2.
Good thinking RickN..........invertor with several deep cell 12v batteries and a couple of solar panels and a charge controller

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bug out is in remote New Mexico. Totally off the grid. There are fair number resourceful distant neighbors that are living off the grid.

I also have good relationships with many of the local people of Spanish and Mexican heritage, many who's families go back to
when the Spanish came up from Mexico and settled in that area. They are resourceful people. Many grew up without indoor plumbing,
electricity, air conditioning and much we take for granted. They are survivors. And they cook some awesome Mexican/Spanish food.

One of my local friend's great-grandfather was a famous outlaw that ran with Billy The Kid. His grandfather's name was José Chavez y Chavez.
There is some interesting info about him on the web. His great-grandson is everything but an outlaw - super nice person.

Here are few pictures.

View attachment 224625

View attachment 224626

View attachment 224627
Looks great.........you have the high ground

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great.........you have the high ground
Thanks!

Yes the home base is definitely the high ground. We can see 40 to 50 miles in 180 degrees. If I get up on the roof the view is 360 degrees.
We can hear a vehicle coming for miles away. It's peaceful place and the views still takes my breath away at times.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on the situation, if its short term then bug in if its going to be long term then bug out. But do have plans for either case and have supplies at both locations your planning on bugging to cause you wont be able to carry everything you will need for a long term bugout unless you have planned far enough in advance of it. And im not talking about end of the world synedrial that you cant plan on unless your doing a full time.
His is my philosophy as well. I have planned for both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom